With the fall season already in the air, we couldn’t resist to share some comfort food like these Pumpkin Filled Profiteroles with cranberry sauce!
A famous and sweet treat that can be found at Narcoossee’s in Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort for a limited time during the year. It features pumpkin profiteroles filled with pumpkin cream puff filling and topped with cranberry-blueberry sauce. They are delicious.
And now you can recreate them at home to bring them to a party or simply to have as a small dessert after your meal with this recipe from Disney Parks! Take a look:
PUMPKIN FILLED PROFITEROLES
Cream Puff Filling
- 1 egg
- 2 egg yolks
- 1/4 cup of cornstarch
- 1 1/3 cup of milk
- 1/3 cup of sugar
- 1 tsp of vanilla
- 2 tbsp of butter
- 1 (15oz) can of pure pumpkin
- 3/4 cup of brown sugar
- 2 1/2 tsp of cinnamon
Pumpkin Filled Profiteroles
- 1 stick of butter
- 1/4 cup of water
- 1/4 cup of milk
- 2/3 cup of all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup of high gluten flour
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- 4 eggs
- 1/3 cup of powdered sugar
- 2 cups of fresh cranberries
- 3/4 cup of water
- 3/4 cup of sugar
- 4 cups of fresh raspberries
- 1 (16oz) jar of raspberry jam
- 2 cups of fresh blueberries
For cream puff filling:
- Whisk egg, egg yolks, and cornstarch in small bowl. Set aside.
- Combine milk, sugar, and vanilla in medium saucepan. Cook over medium heat for 6 minutes, until hot.
- Slowly pour 1/3 of the hot milk mixture into egg mixture while whisking constantly.
- Slowly pour egg mixture back into remaining hot milk. Cook over medium heat, whisking constantly, until it begins to boil.
- Remove from heat and stir in butter.
- Cool for 30 minutes, until room temperature.
- Stir pumpkin, brown sugar, and cinnamon in medium bowl until combined. Gently fold into cooled milk mixture.
- Refrigerate until ready to use.
For pumpkin filled profiteroles:
- Preheat oven to 400F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats.
- Melt butter in large saucepan over medium hear. Add milk and water and bring to a boil.
- Sift both flours and salt together. Add to milk mixture and stir until smooth.
- Pour profiterole dough into the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a paddle attachment and mix on medium speed for 1-2 minutes, until there is no steam. Reduce speed to low and add eggs slowly, one at a time.
- Pour into a piping bag with a round opening. Pipe into 1-1/2 inch circles.
- Bake for 15 minutes, until browned.
- Cool for 30 minutes.
- Place cream puff filling in piping bag fitted with a 1/4 inch round tip. Fill each profiterole with cream puff filling. Dust with powdered sugar.
For cranberry-blueberry sauce:
- Place cranberries, water and sugar in medium saucepan and cook over medium heat until cranberries begin to burst. Remove from heat and drain water.
- Puree raspberries in blender. Run through sieve to remove seeds.
- Stir pureed raspberries and raspberry jam until combined. Pour into medium saucepan.
- Add blueberries and cook over medium heat until warm. Gently fold in cranberries.
- Keep warm until ready to serve.
To serve pumpkin filled profiteroles:
- Place 3 profiteroles in the bottom of a bowl.
- Pour 1/2 cup of cranberry-blueberry sauce on top of profiteroles and top with 1 more profiterole.
- Repeat with remaining pumpkin filled profiteroles.
Credit: Disney Parks
Let our friends at Destinations to Travel help you plan your next Disney Vacation! Just fill out the form below and someone will be in touch! Remember their services are 100% Free!
- Colorful Mickey Shaped Pretzels To Bake At Home! - October 14, 2021
- Discover A Whole New World With This Magic Carpet Passport Cover DIY - October 13, 2021
- Magical Hidden Mickey Cake To Bake This Fall Season! - October 12, 2021