We don’t know about you but we are so ready for fall! That’s why today we have for you a Pumpkin Creme Brûlée recipe that you will love!
This French classic with a nod to the Halloween season is actually easier to make than you think and definitely worth the effort! Disney Parks shared a recipe so you can recreate it at home and wow your family and friends with this fall treat.
PUMPKIN CREME BRULEE
- 3 tbsp of butter
- 1 tbsp plus 2 1/4 tsp of all-purpose flour
- 3 tbsp of powdered sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 2 tbsp of almond flour
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 drop of orange food coloring
- 1 cup of pecans
- 1/4 cup of sugar
Pumpkin Creme Brûlée
- 1 cup of heavy cream
- 1/2 cup of canned pumpkin
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- 1/4 tsp of pumpkin pie spice
- 10 egg yolks
- 6 tsp of sugar
For Sable Cookies
- Preheat oven to 300F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper or silicone baking mat. Set aside.
- Cut butter into small pieces and place in bowl of electric mixer fitted with paddle attachment. Add flour, sugar, salt and almond flour and mix on medium speed until mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
- Add egg yolk and orange food coloring and beat until soft ball of dough forms.
- Roll dough into 1/8 inch thick rectangle using 2 sheets of parchment paper to prevent sticking. Chill in freezer for 10 minutes.
- Cut into small pumpkin shapes and place on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes, until cookies begin to brown. Cool completely before serving.
For Sugared Pecans
- Line baking pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- Heat medium saute pan over medium heat for 3 minutes. Add pecans and sugar. Stir constantly with rubber spatula for 4-6 minutes, until pecans are evenly toasted and sugar begins to caramelize.
- Pour onto prepared baking pan to cool.
For Pumpkin Creme Brûlée
- Preheat oven to 270F. Place 6 ramekins 3 inches apart in roasting pan. Set aside.
- Combine cream, pumpkin puree, sugar, and pumpkin spice in medium saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until it reaches 145F.
- Place egg yolks in large bowl and beat until smooth. Slowly mix 1/2 cup of warm cream mixture into eggs, whisking constantly. Pour into cream mixture on top of stove and cook, whisking constantly until it reaches 145F.
- Pour 1/3 cup of custard into each ramekin. Place roasting pan in oven and carefully pour enough hot water into roasting pan to cover ramekins half way up sides.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes, until creme brulee is set.
- Remove ramekins from pan and refrigerate at least 2 hours before serving.
- Evenly sprinkle 1 tsp of sugar on top of each cooled Pumpkin Creme Brûlée. Using caution, melt sugar with culinary torch until golden brown and crispy. Top with cookie and sugared pecans.
Credit: Disney Parks
Let our friends at Destinations to Travel help you book your next Disney Vacation. They are the preferred Travel Agency of Chip and Company and Disney Addicts, and who we use ourselves.
Get started below for your FREE No Obligation Quote.
Book With our friends at Destinations to Travel
For the BEST in Disney, Universal, Dollywood, and SeaWorld Theme Park News, Entertainment, Merchandise & More follow us on, Facebook, Instagram, and Youtube. Don't forget to check out the Chip and Company Radio Network too!