There’s a rumbly in my tumbly for some Winnie the Pooh Cream Puffs!
If you are just like Pooh and love honey, then you will love this adorable treat! It’s sweet and cute just like our favorite bear. Each puff is made of a light, airy pastry paired with a crispy cookie shell and sweet filling, delicious!
You can make them at home by following this easy recipe:
WINNIE THE POOH CREAM PUFFS
- 1/4 cup of unsalted butter, softened
- 1/3 cup of light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup of all purpose flour
Cream Puff Pastry
- 1 cup of water
- 8 tbsp of unsalted butter
- 1/4 tsp of salt
- 1 1/4 cup of all purpose flour
- 4 eggs
Honey Whipped Cream & Decorations
- 2 cups of heavy cream
- 3 tbsp of honey
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- Yellow gel food coloring
- 2 tbsp of dark chocolate chips, melted
- Parchment paper
- Circle cookie cutter
- Piping bags
- Round piping tips (#1A and #8)
- Start with the cookie crust. In a mixing bowl, add softened unsalted butter and light brown sugar, and mix until combined. Then pour in all-purpose flour and mix until crumbled dough forms.
- Transfer the dough to a working surface and knead it together until a solid round of dough forms. Place it in between 2 pieces of parchment paper and roll flat. Cut circles with the cookie cutter (you should get around 16 cutouts). Let the dough cool in the refrigerator.
- Preheat the oven to 425F and line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper or baking mats.
- Now make the cream puff pastry. Combine water, butter, and salt in a medium saucepan. Heat until the butter has melted and then bring it to a rolling boil. Add the flour all at once, stirring vigorously.
- Return the pan to the stove and cook over medium heat, continuing to stir until the mixture is smooth. You should be able to form a ball of dough.
- Remove the pan from the heat and let the mixture cool for about 10 minutes.
- Transfer the mixture to a stand mixer and beat in the eggs, 1 at a time. (The mixture will look curdled at first, but once you add all the eggs in and continue mixing it, it will smooth out).
- Add batter to a piping bag. Pipe 2″ circle onto the prepared baking sheets. Space them about 3-4″ apart so they have room to expand.
- Take the cookie crust dough out from the fridge and place each circle gently on top of the piped cream puffs. (This technique allows the cookie to become a crust).
- Bake the pastries for 20-25 minutes or until they’re a medium golden brown. (Remember not to open the oven door while they’re baking or they may deflate).
- Remove the puffs from the oven and place them on a rack to cool.
- Now make the honey whipped cream filling. Pour the cream into a mixing bowl and begin to whip it on high speed with a whisk attachment for about 5 minutes. Add honey, vanilla, and a couple drops of yellow food coloring and mi it on low speed until it’s just incorporated.
- Fill a pastry bag with your filling. Carefully slice off the top of each cream puff and fill the center using a large, round piping tip (#1A) inserted into a pastry bag. Fill each until a round mound forms that’s the shape of Pooh’s head. Using another pastry bag fitted with a smaller round tip (#8), pipe 2 ears on the top of his head and 2 feet on the bottom. Then place the top layer of pastry onto Pooh’s head.
- Using melted dark chocolate, draw Pooh’s facial features with a toothpick.
Credit: Disney Family
- Magical Minnie Mouse Frappuccino To Order At Starbucks! - April 16, 2021
- Learn How To Make These Boozy Dole Whip Pops At Home! - April 15, 2021
- These Magic Carpet Pops Are A Must Make For Aladdin Fans! - April 14, 2021