One week from today Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance opens at Disneyland park! This ride is one of the most ambitious, advanced and immersive experiences ever undertaken by Walt Disney Imagineering. Here are some ways to get ready for and make the most of this epic attraction:
Download the official Disneyland mobile app
First things first. The Disneyland app allows guests to navigate Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge and even utilize the mobile ordering feature at select dining locations when they are in the land. Download it before visiting the park!
Plan for the attraction experience
Starting Jan. 17 as needed, a virtual queue for Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance may be implemented to help deliver the best possible guest experience, allowing guests to explore other areas of the park while waiting for their turn to ride. The Disneyland app will have a dedicated module, Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance – Access by Boarding Group, available from the main page. Here’s how it will work:
- Request to join a boarding group to ride the attraction, once you have entered Disneyland park. The virtual queue will not be available until published park opening hours.
- Boarding groups will be sent a push notification when it is their turn to enter the attraction queue and you can monitor the status of boarding groups from the app.
- There also will be the ability to join a boarding group from select locations inside Disneyland park, if you are not using the app. The boarding group is tied to admission that will be scanned upon entry of the attraction.
- Signage throughout the park will also display boarding group status.
- Admission into Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance will be subject to capacity, and having an assigned boarding group will not guarantee entrance to the attraction
Make a reservation for select experiences
Savi’s Workshop, Droid Depot, and Oga’s Cantina offer advance reservations up to 60 days in advance. These popular experiences book up quickly, so be sure to check out the Disneyland Resort website or the Disneyland app to make reservations today!
Display an affiliation with the rebellious Resistance or the intimidating First Order
Guests are encouraged to live out their Star Wars story and dress the part while visiting Batuu, however, keep in mind the Disneyland Resort costume policy is in effect. While costumes may not be worn by guests 14 years of age or older, appropriate bounding—dressing in outfits inspired by Star Wars—is permitted.
Find a ride buddy
Head to Batuu’s marketplace to check out the Creature Stall. Guests may find an exotic creature or critter from around the galaxy to accompany them aboard Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance, including a sassy Kowakian monkey-lizard or an adorable porg!
Explore Black Spire Outpost with your Star Wars: Datapad through the Play Disney Parks App
Star Wars: Datapad is a land-wide interactive experience available through the Play Disney Parks mobile app. There are so many ways to explore with Datapad, including choosing to support the Resistance or First Order by selecting new jobs within the app.
Follow the experience with a refreshing treat
After escaping the clutches of the dark side, guests can treat themselves to a local delicacy in Batuu – Blue Milk and Green Milk! Available at the Milk Stand, these frosty confections are an invigorating, refreshing drink. Pair this milk with a sweet, savory snack made with popcorn from Kat Saka’s Kettle. Try the new chocolate popcorn with Crait Red Salt – yum!
Will you be joining the resistance next week when Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance opens?
This site contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links. Also As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- No Part-Time Attractions or Custodial from one Union will be laid off at Disney World - October 23, 2020
- Celebrate EPCOT’s Festival of the Holidays - October 22, 2020
- Olaf’s Holiday Tradition Expedition Scavenger Hunt coming to Epcot’s Festival of the Holidays - October 22, 2020