Celebrate National Spaghetti Day with these delicious Spaghetti and Meatballs Cupcakes from Lady and the Tramp!
These adorable treats are made of sweet spaghetti and candy meatballs plus a bit of raspberry sauce, sounds yummy!
So you can celebrate this day by having some delicious spaghetti for lunch and then these tasty cupcakes for dessert while you watch Lady and the Tramp on Disney Plus.
- Batch of baked cupcakes
- Vanilla buttercream frosting
- Fondant, store bought or homemade (see recipe below)
- Powdered sugar
- Round chocolate candies, such as malt balls, Junior Caramels, or chocolate covered peanuts
- 1/4 to 1/3 cup of strawberry jam or seedless raspberry jam
- 2 cups of powdered sugar, sifted
- 3 tbsp of softened butter
- 3 tbsp of light corn syrup
- 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp of salt
- Combine the butter, corn syrup, vanilla extract, and salt in a mixing bowl and use an electric mixer on medium speed to blend them.
- Add the sifted sugar and mix the fondant on slow and then medium speed until it begins to clump together. Then knead the fondant, with clean hands until it is smooth. It is too dry, add more corn syrup, if is too sticky, add more powdered sugar.
- Wrap the fondant tightly in plastic and store it in the refrigerator until you’re ready to use it. Makes enough to top a dozen or so cupcakes with spaghetti.
- Working with one cupcake at a time, first spread the top with a thin coating of buttercream frosting.
- Dust your hands with powdered sugar. Pinch off a 1/2 inch lump of fondant from the batch and roll it between the palms of your hand to create a thin, long rope that resembles a strand of spaghetti.
- Drape the spaghetti onto the cupcake, curling and looking it just like the real thing. Continue shaping and adding more strands of fondant spaghetti until the cupcake is topped with a good serving.
- Once all the cupcakes are covered with spaghetti, prepare the sauce by whisking the jam in a bowl until smooth. Use the pastry brush to spread the sauce over the noodles.
- Top each serving of spaghetti and sauce with a few chocolate meatballs.
Credit: Disney Family
Let our friends at Destinations to Travel help you book your next Disney Vacation. They are the preferred Travel Agency of Chip and Company and Disney Addicts, and who we use ourselves.
Get started below for your FREE No Obligation Quote.
Book With our friends at Destinations to Travel
For the BEST in Disney, Universal, Dollywood, and SeaWorld Theme Park News, Entertainment, Merchandise & More follow us on, Facebook, Instagram, and Youtube. Don't forget to check out the Chip and Company Radio Network too!