Snow in sunny Southern California? You bet! It’s snowing at Disneyland Resort. Well….sort of! With some smart imagineering and little bit of magic, Disney-landers are being treated to a wintry wonderland featuring new freezing takes on attractions, food, and shows. This holiday season, visitors can take advantage and enjoy frosty festivals, frigid food, and chilly characters. Running through January 6th, 2019…enjoy these “snowy” features to get in the holiday spirit at Disneyland Resort.
If you’re looking for now this season, Disneyland Resort has it! Check out the bitterly cold holiday must-sees:
- “Let it snow, let is snow, let is snow!” Join Elsa, Anna, and all those other familiar Frozen characters in “Frozen-Live at the Hyperion.” Experience a great story line featuring music and snowflakes!
- Check out the 7 foot tall gingerbread house at Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa. You’re sure to leave with lots of pics, and glad-tidings.
- Get your own snowflake Minnie Mouse ears! Pick up and pair to show your holiday spirit!
- “The weather outside is frightful!” Not really, but you can enjoy a fresh snowfall at Grizzly Peak shortly after dusk.
- What better way to beat that California heat than to meet Elsa. Greet her and Anna in Arendelle. Then take the short walk after to see their pal Olaf in Hollywood land.
- Christmas isn’t Christmas without holiday snacks! Get yours all over…you’ve gotta try the Snowman Shortbread Cookies located at the Market House or Red Rose Taverne. Make sure to check out the ice-cold merchandise too!
- Wanna visit snap-capped mountain peaks? Be sure to ride “Soarin’ Around the World” which features the Swiss Alps and other icy landscapes.
- Are you sorta in the Christmas spirit, but not really over Halloween? The Haunted Mansion, with it’s Nightmare Before Christmas layover, is the perfect place for you! Check out Jack Skellington as he tried to bring Christmas to the ghostly residents of the mansion! Be sure to snap a pic of the snow-covered pumpkins (NO FLASH!)
- Not into mountains and snowy lands on a screen? Hop on a Matterhorn bobsled and outrun the Abominable Snowman!
- Watch as snowmen and skiers make their way down Main Street in ” A Christmas Fantasy” parade.
- Radiator Springs is bringing the Christmas cheer this year! Head over to cars land to check out the wrench snowflakes and snow car!
- “It’s A Small World” hosts some snowy scenes that’ll be sure to nip at your nose.
- “Believe…In Holiday Magic” is sure to kick winter into high gear with fireworks, music, and spectacular snowfall!
- Icy castles more your style? Sleeping Beauty’s Winter Castle is the spot for you. Take in the magic as the castle transforms under a winter sky, lit, sparkling, and snow-capped!
Who says it doesn’t get cold in Southern California? Certainly not anyone celebrating the holidays at Disneyland Resort. Be sure to check out all of these frosty park features! Make sure to pack gloves and a camera…there are always sure to be one or two more winter surprises along the way!
Latest posts by Michael Arnold (see all)
- “Disney ¡Viva Navidad!” Celebrates the Holidays and Latin Culture at Disneyland - December 15, 2018
- Carnival Cruise Does the Unthinkable: A Roller Coaster On A Ship - December 14, 2018
- New Dining Hours For Sebastian’s Bistro at the Caribbean Beach Resort - December 14, 2018