On a recent visit to The Wave Bar, located in the Contemporary Resort overlooking the Seven Seas Lagoon, we happened upon a newly introduced adult beverage. The ‘Seven Seas Lagoon’ is a beautifully themed cocktail now appearing at The Wave Bar and we couldn’t be happier about this discovery. Here is our review of what this new drink has to offer.
When we entered The Wave Bar we found a seat and began to peruse the menu. We were unsure of what we would like so we asked our Bartender if she had any suggestions. She then told us about a newly introduced sharable cocktail called ‘Seven Seas Lagoon.’ We decided to give it a try.
The first thing we noticed when our drink arrived was how pretty it is; kind of like a glowing blue lagoon. The ‘Seven Seas Lagoon’ is served with two Mickey straws, each topped with a Gummy Ring, reminiscent of a Life Preserver. We found this to be a really nice touch as the Gummy Rings tied together the theme in a fun way. We expected the drink to be quite sweet. While it was sweet, it was not overly sweet. We greatly enjoyed the flavor combinations that created the theme.
Here is the ingredients list:
- Skyy Vodka (If you drink more than one of these you will find yourself looking at the Sky.)
- Parrot Bay Coconut Rum (Parrot & Bay)
- Soda Water (Because no Lagoon is complete without Water!)
- Pineapple Juice (Think Tropical Fruit)
- Lime Juice (What is a Cocktail without a bit of Lime Juice after all?)
- Agave (Native Plant of Tropical America)
- Swedish Fish (Yes Fish!)
- Strawberry Green Apple Boba (Bubbles)
- Peach Gummy Rings (Life Preservers)
- 2 Glow Cubes (Because water is blue of course)
- Mickey Straws (After all we are at Walt Disney World!)
The ‘Seven Seas Lagoon’ is a 24 ounce sharable drink that can be found only at the The Contemporary Resort in The Wave Bar, and the Top of the World Lounge in Bay Lake Tower. If you are not a sharing kind of person, you can order one just for yourself. However, there is a 2 drink maximum per person and the ‘Seven Seas Lagoon’ contains the alcohol of two drinks. Therefore, if you order this drink for yourself, it is the only drink you will be allowed to purchase. We agreed that for us, it had to be a shareable beverage because it is very large and neither one of us wanted to find ourselves waking up Lagoon-side the next morning!
We love the theming of this new cocktail. We found a tie-in, and a bit of humor, in each of the ingredients as seen above. The Swedish Fish and Strawberry Green Apple Boba sink to the bottom of the lagoon so you may want to ask for a spoon at the end. ‘Seven Seas Lagoon’ is the best drink we have come across at the Walt Disney World Resort. Be aware that this adult beverage is not listed on the menu. You either have to know about it, or happen upon it by asking the right question.
Looking for something outside the norm of what you see at most Walt Disney World restaurants? The ‘Seven Seas Lagoon’ Themed Cocktail is a rare find and worth every penny of its $22 price tag.
What do you think of the ‘Seven Seas Lagoon’ Cocktail? Please leave your comments in the box below.
Let our friends at Destinations to Travel help you plan your next Disney Vacation! Just fill out the form below and someone will be in touch! Remember their services are 100% Free!
- Disney Dreamers Academy 2019 Four Day Adventure - March 24, 2019
- Terralina Crafted Italian Hosts Four Course Chefs Dinner - February 27, 2019
- Star Wars Galactic Spectacular Dessert Party Review - February 24, 2019