The newest ice cream scoop shop will open at Downtown Disney District at the Disneyland Resort later this year. Co-founded by cousins Tyler and Kim Malek, the family-run ice cream company is known for its taste-provoking, imaginative ice cream creations, which uniquely capture the spirit of classic Americana.
The arrival of Salt & Straw is a part of the ongoing, transformation at Downtown Disney District in 2018. No opening date has been set for Salt and Straw in Anaheim, check back for more updates! In the meantime (while you wait for the Downtown Disney location to open), check-out the October Spooktacular Series which debuts on October 5 to celebrate the spirit of the Halloween season. For the nearest Salt and Straw Click here.
Crafted by co-founder + head ice cream maker Tyler Malek, the series features spooky flavors including Mummy’s Pumpkin Spiced Potion, The Great Candycopia, Dracula’s Blood Pudding, Essence of Ghost and Creepy Crawly Critters — all prepared in small batches. The ghoulish offerings, along with a special Crittles topping (featuring coconut toffee mealworm brittle from the Oakland-based Don Bugito) to sprinkle atop scoops, will be available at all scoop shops through the end of October with pints available to pick up in shop or for delivery through Postmates.
- Mummy’s Pumpkin Spiced Potion (v) — Salt & Straw’s twist on a pumpkin spice latte: spiced pumpkin Pyschocandy tea from the LA-based August Tea steeped into a coconut cream ice cream with candied pumpkin bits.
- The Great Candycopia — salted butterscotch ice cream loaded with classic Trick or Treat candies (homemade Snickers, Twix chunks, Heath Bars and peanut butter cups).
- Dracula’s Blood Pudding — warm spices and cream mixed with Portland’s Nicky USA pig’s blood to create a classic Italian-inspired blood pudding.
- Essence of Ghost — ghoulish grey sherbet combined with black cocoa ice cream for a bitter, sweet and slightly smoky finish; an experential flavor crafted to send chills down your back.
- Creepy Crawly Critters — matcha ice cream spiked with zesty orange + dark chocolate covered crickets and coconut toffee brittle mealworms from Don Bugito in Oakland, CA.
Follow Chip and Co on Instagram @chipandco or on Twitter @chipandcompany
Watch our latest Youtube Videos here.
- New Original Movie “Stargirl” Now Streaming on Disney+ - March 13, 2020
- “Timmy Failure: Mistakes Were Made” is a Movie About Being Different - February 7, 2020
- Exclusive First Look at Disney’s ‘Stargirl’ Coming soon to Disney+ - January 15, 2020