Looking for a delicious fall treat? What about some Pumpkin Cranberry Scones with a sweet maple pastry cream!
Wake up in the morning and enjoy one of these tasty scones or maybe during the afternoon with some tea! Either way, you will love them for sure. You can actually find these pumpkin scones at the Garden View Tea Room in Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort, but if you are not visiting the resort anytime soon no worries.
You can actually bake these scones at home by following this recipe from Disney Parks! We are sure they will become a must have at your home, take a look:
PUMPKIN CRANBERRY SCONES
Pumpkin Cranberry Scones
- 2 1/4 cups of all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- 2 tsp of baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp of cinnamon
- 1 tsp of ginger
- 1 tsp of nutmeg
- 1 tsp of salt
- 2 tbsp of butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup of all-purpose shortening
- 1/2 cup of pumpkin puree
- 1/3 cup of milk
- 1/2 cup of dried cranberries
- 1 egg mixed with 1 tbsp of water to create an egg wash
Maple Pastry Cream
- 1 cup of milk
- 1/3 cup of pure maple syrup
- 1 tbsp of maple extract
- 3 egg yolks
- 2 tbsp of corn starch
- 1 tbsp of butter
For the pumpkin cranberry scones:
- Preheat oven to 400F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and salt in standing mixing bowl with paddle attachment.
- Add cubed butter, shortening, and pumpkin puree; mix on low speed until texture is coarse.
- Add milk and dried cranberries; mix on low speed until combined.
- Roll out on floured surface to 1/2 inch thickness.
- Using 2″ round cutter, cut out rounds and place rounds on baking sheet.
- Egg wash each round using pastry brush.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown.
For maple pastry cream:
- Combine milk, maple syrup, and maple extract in medium pot; heat over medium heat until hot but not boiling.
- Whisk together egg yolks and corn starch in a small bowl.
- Temper 1/4 cup of hot milk slowly into the egg mixture while whisking.
- Slowly pour tempered egg mixture into remaining hot milk mixture, bring just to a boil, whisking constantly.
- Remove from heat and stir in butter.
- Pour into a medium bowl and cover with plastic wrap making sure the wrap is in direct contact with the surface of the cream.
- Refrigerate until cream sets.
- Serve pumpkin cranberry scones with maple pastry cream on the side.
Credit: Disney Parks
Let our friends at Destinations to Travel help you plan your next Disney Vacation! Just fill out the form below and someone will be in touch! Remember their services are 100% Free!
- Adorable Mickey Toast To Add Some Magic To Your Mornings! - October 15, 2021
- Colorful Mickey Shaped Pretzels To Bake At Home! - October 14, 2021
- Discover A Whole New World With This Magic Carpet Passport Cover DIY - October 13, 2021