There are still a few days of autumn to go, so why not recreate this perfect fall treat at home! A Pumpkin Cookie Ice Cream Sandwich from Animal Kingdom!
Ice cream sandwiched between 2 soft and delicious cookies sounds like heaven, plus it has some colorful sprinkles to make it more fun!
Take a look at the super easy recipe and have fun baking with your family this holiday season.
- 1 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp of ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp of ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp of ground cloves
- 1/8 tsp of ground nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp of allspice
- 1/2 tsp of baking soda
- 1 tsp of cream of tartar
- 1/4 tsp of salt
- 1/2 cup of unsalted butter
- 1 cup of granulated sugar, divided
- 1/4 cup of light brown sugar, packed
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup of pumpkin puree
Ice Cream Sandwiches
- 4 (1/2 cup) scoops of vanilla ice cream
- 1/2 cup of holiday sprinkles
- Step 1: Whisk together flour, cinnamon, ginger, cloves, nutmeg, allspice, baking soda, cream of tartar and salt in a small bowl until combined. Then set aside.
- Step 2: Cream together butter, 1/2 cup of granulated sugar and brown sugar in a mixing bowl of electric mixer using a paddle attachment for 1-2 minutes. Mix in the egg yolk and vanilla on low speed until combined.
- Step 3: Mix in pumpkin puree on low speed, making sure to scrape down sides. Then add dry ingredients and mix until combined.
- Step 4: Scoop into 8 balls (1/4 cup each) on a large plate lined with parchment paper and chill for 1 hour.
- Step 5: Preheat the oven to 325F. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper. Pour remaining 1/2 cup of granulated sugar into a medium bowl.
- Step 6: Roll chilled cookie balls into the granulated sugar and place on a cookie sheet, 2-3 inches apart, and bake for 17-20 minutes until edges are browned and centers begin to set.
- Step 7: Remove from oven and cool completely.
Pumpkin Cookies Ice Cream Sandwiches
- Step 1: Pour holiday sprinkles onto a large plate.
- Step 2: Place 1 scoop of ice cream between two cookies and gently press until ice cream spreads out to the edges of the cookies. Roll edges of cookie sandwich in holiday sprinkles.
Credit: Disney Parks
- Fried PB&J With Bananas Sandwich From Universal Orlando Resort! - May 17, 2021
- POG Juice Mimosas For A Magical Brunch! - May 16, 2021
- Celebrate National Chocolate Chip Cookie Day With This Magical Recipe! - May 15, 2021