With Cinderella’s Royal Table being the most coveted meal reservation in all of Disney World, most first time visitors to Akershus in Epcot’s Norway pavilion, come upon the restaurant as a back up plan or second choice. It is not until you eat here that you come to love it for what is so different and special about it. Some things to remember when enjoying your magical experience at Akerhus:
- Your princess storybook dining experience begins with meeting the host princess. Often time, it’s Belle, but they can change from time to time. As your party is called to be seated, you will have a moment to enjoy a photo session with the princess in an alcove. A Disney photographer is there on hand to photograph, and later these photos will be delivered to your table as part of the photo imaging package that is INCLUDED with your meal.
- If you are here for breakfast, you will be directed to the buffet. The selections are typical breakfast fare. This makes a great meal-especially if you are traveling with younger princesses-because many kids enjoy waffles, fruit, and other “familiar” breakfast foods. Then, they aren’t distracted with food they don’t like, and they can focus on the princesses.
- Lunch and dinner are served a la carte. You can choose from rotating selections, including sandwiches and Swedish meatballs! You are also given the option of cold meats and pastas. There is a children’s menu for lunch as well. For dinner, many times the menu includes the same selections as lunch. To see the full menu, go HERE.
- All meal experiences include princesses who visit your table to pose for photos and sign autographs. Have your autograph book, pen, and camera ready! For an especially magical time, dress your little princess in a dress that matches her favorite storybook princess. Princesses vary with your dining time. But there are often at least five princesses to see and interact with. Snow White, Aurora, Jasmine, Mary Poppins, Mulan, and Belle often make appearances. Occasionally Cinderella will join, too.
- Akerhus is on the Disney Dining Plan, and is considered a table service credit for each member of your party. For a magical experience, excellent princess interaction, and an imaging package to preserve those memories, Akerhus is a “must do” on your Disney vacation!
Overall, we give Akerhus an “A”.