Bring the magic of the holidays home with this Pecan Maple Bark recipe!
This treat is a classic during Epcot International Festival of the Holidays and can be found at the Canada Pavilion. It’s sweet and salty and just the perfect little snack to have during your visit.
This year, we want to share the recipe so you can recreate it at home and surprise your family with a little bit of magic from the Walt Disney World Resort, take a look:
PECAN MAPLE BARK
- 3/4 cup of pecans
- 1 tsp of sea salt
- 1 cup of butter
- 1 cup of granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup of water
- 1 1/2 cups of semisweet chocolate chips, divided
- 1 1/2 tbsp of maple sugar
- Combine pecans and sea salt in a medium pan. Toast over medium heat, stirring constantly for 1-2 minutes, until brown and fragrant. Chop into small pieces and set aside.
- Melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium-low heat. Once butter is melted, add sugar and water, stirring continuously until temperature reaches 295F, immediately pour onto baking sheet lined with a silicone baking mat and spread into a 9×13 inch rectangle. Cool for at least 3 hours.
- Melt 3/4 cup of chocolate chips in a small bowl and spread over one side of the cooled pecans and maple sugar over the chocolate. Cool for 2 hours, until chocolate is set.
- Melt remaining 3/4 cup of chocolate chips. Turn pecan maple bark over and spread chocolate on the other half of the bark. Sprinkle with remaining chopped peans and maple sugar. Cool for 2 hours, until chocolate is set.
- Break your pecan maple bark into 24 pieces. Store in an airtight container for up to 7 days.
Credit: Disney Parks
Let our friends at Destinations to Travel help you plan your next Disney Vacation! Just fill out the form below and someone will be in touch! Remember their services are 100% Free!
- Orange Bird Flip Recipe From Magic Kingdom Opening Day! - January 9, 2022
- Disney Springs Is Celebrating Health And Wellness This January - January 6, 2022
- Disney Parks Is Hiring Content Creators! - January 5, 2022