Calling all chocolate lovers! This Double Chocolate Yule Log is perfect for you!
This holiday season surprise everyone with a delicious dessert from Disney Cruise Line that you can make at home. It features chocolate sponge cake, chocolate ganache, chocolate mousse and chocolate glaze! So good.
Take a look at this recipe from Disney Parks and start baking!
DOUBLE CHOCOLATE YULE LOG
Chocolate Sponge Cake
- 1/4 cup of Dutch-process unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup of all-purpose flour
- 4 large eggs, room temperature
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tbsp of sugar
- 6oz (about 3/4 cup) chopped bittersweet chocolate
- 1/2 cup of heavy cream
- 5 oz of dark chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 1 tbsp of dark rum
- 3/4 cup of heavy cream
- 3/4 cup of chopped dark chocolate
- 1 tbsp of light corn syrup
Chocolate Sponge Cake
- Preheat oven to 400F. Line the bottom of a 13x9x2 metal baking pan with parchment paper. Spray generously with nonstick spray with flour. Set aside.
- Sift flour and cocoa powder into a small bowl; set aside.
- Crack eggs into a large bowl. Beat eggs with an electric mixer on low speed for 1 minute. Increase speed to medium-high and add sugar. Beat until mixture is thick and pale, about 3 minutes.
- Sift dry ingredients over egg mixture and fold until just blended.
- Transfer batter to prepared pan, spreading evenly to edges. Bake until cake springs back when pressed gently with your fingertips, 10 to 12 minutes.
- While cake is still warm, slide it out of the pan, with the parchment still attached, onto a clean kitchen towel. Beginning at one narrow end, use the kitchen towel to roll the cake, along with the parchment paper into a cylinder.
- Place chocolate in a medium heat-safe bowl. Heat cream in a small saucepan until hot (do not boil).
- Pour cream over chocolate and stir until chocolate melts.
- Bring a few inches of water in a small pot to a gentle simmer over medium heat. Combine chocolate and rum in a medium heat-safe bowl that can sit atop the pot of water without touching the water.
- Place the bowl on the pot and heat until chocolate is melted, stirring often. When mixture is smooth, remove from heat and set aside to cool until no longer warm to the touch.
- Whip cream at high speed to speed to stiff peaks, about 2 minutes; do not overbeat.
- Stir 1/4 of whipped cream into chocolate to lighten. Gently fold 1/3 of remaining whipped cream into chocolate until combined but not fully incorporated and some streaks remain. Fold in remaining cream in two batches, mixing to fully incorporate when the last batch is added.
- Bring a small pot of water to a gently simmer over medium heat. Combine chocolate and corn syrup in a medium heat-safe bowl that can sit atop the pot of water without touching the water.
- Heat in bowl until chocolate melts and ingredients as well combined.
To Assemble Double Chocolate Yule Log
- Carefully unroll cake from the towel. Spread 2/3 of mousse over cake surface. Roll cake back up, over the mousse, peeling off the parchment paper as you go.
- Once the cake is rolled, wrap the parchment paper around it to keep it round. place it seam side down on a platter, and refrigerate cake for about an hour, until firm.
- Remove parchment paper from your double chocolate yule log and evenly spread remaining mousse over cake. Pour glaze over top; refrigerate until glaze has set, about 30 minutes, before serving.
Enjoy your double chocolate yule log this holiday season!
Credit: Disney Parks Blog
Let our friends at Destinations to Travel help you plan your next Disney Vacation! Just fill out the form below and someone will be in touch! Remember their services are 100% Free!
- Orange Bird Flip Recipe From Magic Kingdom Opening Day! - January 9, 2022
- Disney Springs Is Celebrating Health And Wellness This January - January 6, 2022
- Disney Parks Is Hiring Content Creators! - January 5, 2022