Let the streaming battle begin!
It was recently announced that Netflix and Nickelodeon have joined forces in order to create new content like animated feature films and television series for the streaming platform.
This will be an expansion of the already existing library that you can find on Netflix right now like Rocko’s Modern Life and Invader Zim with new specials coming up like The Loud House and Rise of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle.
“Nickelodeon has generated scores of characters that kids love, and we look forward to telling wholly original stories that re-imagine and expand on the the worlds they inhabit” said Melissa Cob, Netflix Vice President of Original Animation.
This partnership came out right after the launch of Disney+ so there’s no surprise that Netflix is trying to keep their younger audience as well as adults with shows that will bring some nostalgia, after all Nickelodeon also played an important part of peoples childhood.
“Nickelodeon’s next step forward is to keep expanding beyond linear platforms, and our broader content partnership with Netflix is a key path toward that goal” said Brian Robbins, President, Nickelodeon.
Netflix Animation supports the global community of storytellers across all genres, tones and techniques so here are a few titles you might see on the platform soon:
- Klaus from Sergio Pablos – November 15
- Dino Girl Gauko from Japan – November 22
- I Lost My Body from Jeremy Clapin – November 29
- Fast & Furious Spy Racers – DreamWorks – December 26
So what do you think? Netflix/ Nickelodeon or Disney+? Let us know in the comments!
Credit: NetflixFollow Chip and Co on Instagram @chipandco or on Twitter @chipandcompany
Watch our latest Youtube Videos here.
- Learn How To Draw A Disney Caricature Of Walt Disney! - April 1, 2020
- Learn The History Of Disney Villains! - March 31, 2020
- Take A Virtual 360 Ride On Some Of Your Favorite Disney Attractions At Magic Kingdom! - March 30, 2020