This installment will be easy. Disney’s Hollywood Studios is one of two parks where I really enjoy all of the Biggies. I know there are quite a few folks who disagree with some of my choices for my Fab Five but here, all of the best attractions fit in to the choices. Let’s get going:
5. Star Tours – We have always enjoyed the original and are looking forward to trying the new 3-D version when we get back in October. The only concern I have is possible motion sickness issues when you combine the motion simulator and 3-D. But- I plan on being ready for that eventuality!!! It’s just a very fun attraction that always leaves me with a smile.
4. Fantasmic – This show has always been one of our favorite things to see at Walt Disney World. The staging is spectacular and if the wind isn’t blowing the water projection screens really add to the experience. It’s unfortunate that the number of performances has been so drastically reduced in recent years but that just requires a little better job of planning so that we are in the right place at the right time to see it.
The next three are all kind of equal as far my being my favorites – I truly enjoy all of them, A LOT!!! Even though they are designated 3, 2, and 1 they could all be #1 in my book!
3. Rock ‘n Roller Coaster – I remember my wife saying she would never go on a roller coaster that went upside down so I just left out 3 details when I was describing RnRC to her. The 3 details I didn’t mention were 3 inversions that awaited her. After the ride I asked her how she enjoyed it and she really enjoyed the ride. When I told her about the inversions she just said O.K. let’s ride again. It’s a fast, exciting, and very smooooooth ride. The lighting and music by Aerosmith really add to the experience so take the time to give it a try, you’ll enjoy it.
2. Toy Story Midway Mania – This attraction is totally addictive!!! We tried it for the first time in 2009 and rode it as many times as we could while we were there – we lost count!!! The whole “shooting gallery” type concept was a proven success with Buzz Lightyear but the Imagineers brought it to a whole new level with the 3-D effects. It’s just plain fun and the friendly competition it generates just adds to the enjoyment. Go for this one but watch out, you will get hooked!!!
1. The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror – Remember when I said the last three on this list were equal, I was wrong! This has got to be one of the top 2 (Haunted Mansion is the other) attractions at Walt Disney World for me. The back story is intriguing, the themeing is absolutely magnificent, and the ride itself lives up to any hype it has been given. All of the details are incredible and fit together beautifully. Remember – if you see a Cast Member with gold epaulets on their shoulders congratulate them because they have been with that attraction since opening day. You will really like this one.
Disney’s Hollywood Studios is a very underrated park. Some of Walt Disney World’s very best attractions are here and concentrated in a very compact area. Do yourself a favor and don’t blow DHS off as a half day park because if you look around you will find plenty to enjoy. As always, enjoy your visit to Walt Disney World!!
This site contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links. Also As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.