Right now I am planning 2 Disney Vacations. One smaller mini trip in May for the D23 Event, and our yearly vacation in September. I am handling both vacations very differently which goes against my better judgment. By nature I am a planner. I write up these elaborate spreadsheets documenting where we are eating, parks we are going, transportation options, park hours, you name it. My sheets have everything. Here is sample of one I used last trip.
This was not the finished product as about a month before we left I added some personal information to it and tweaked it further. But you get the idea on the steps I take when planning our vacation. What was really nice about this years edition of the Chip and Company Planning Guide (which is where the name of the website came from) is that it was 100% digital. My wife and I had it in pdf format on our phones and no trees were killed in the making of.
So with my 2 trips coming up the May trip I am just flying by the seat of my pants to see what that is like and to document how it goes, and the October trip is much longer which will require more work. Also we are having some friends come with us so it will be interesting to see how they like the planning guide.
Some tools I will use when planning are:
- Crowd Calendar from Touring Plans – One of my favorite tools for determine what park to goto. I highly recommend getting a premium membership!
- Disney Dining and Reservations – Perfect to pick here and when you want to eat!
- – To get an idea on how to get around at the park.
- Park Hours & Times – I like using WDW Info for all my park, extra magic, parade, firework hours.
- Park Resurants and Menus – Again WDW Info is one of my favs for looking up menus and restaurant info
There are a few other odds and ends I use but for right now these are the tools I focus on when planning my vacation. As the time gets closer I will share with you more Disneyworld Planning 101 articles.
So that leaves the question what are you? So you like to plan our the details of your trip or do you fly by the seat of your pants. Let me know in the comment box below.
- Disneyworld Planning 101 – Discounts (chipandco.com)
- Disneyworld Quick Tips – Advanced Dining Reservation Backup Plan (chipandco.com)
This site contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links. Also As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Harmonious Centerpiece installed last night in Epcot - February 27, 2021
- Disney World updates Facemask policy – Face coverings must be worn while standing, waiting or sitting in dining locations. - February 27, 2021
- Portillo’s Orlando has a new Grand Opening Date - February 26, 2021