When it comes to Mickey’s wardrobe, red is the color of choice any day of the week — save one! Come Saint Patrick’s Day, even the Mouse will be wearing green. Decorated with white chocolate shamrock buttons, these festive cookies are a perfect fit for a holiday party or classroom treat.
- Template for Mickey’s Shamrock Shorts Cookies
- Batch of sugar cookie dough (homemade or store bought)*
- Rolling pin
- Wax paper
- Kitchen knife
- Baking sheets
- Cooling rack
- Green cookie icing (the kind that hardens when it sets up)
- White chocolate chips
- Small microwavable mixing bowl
* Note: If the store-bought brand of dough you use is too soft to hold the cookie shapes while baking, you can knead in a little extra flour to stiffen it before rolling it out.
1. Print and cut out the Mickey’s Shamrock Shorts Cookies template.
2. Heat the oven. Working on a flour-dusted sheet of wax paper, roll out the chilled dough to ¼-inch thickness. Use the template piece and a kitchen knife to cut Mickey short shapes from the dough. Bake the cookies according to the recipe directions and then let them cool completely.
3. Meanwhile, melt a small handful of white chocolate chips in the microwave according to the package directions. Spread the melted candy on wax paper and set it aside for a few minutes to harden. Once it’s ready, cut the candy into thin slivers to use for the shamrock stems, and set them aside for now.
4. Working with one cookie at a time, spread the tops with green cookie icing. Before the icing sets, add two shamrock buttons. For each, press three white chocolate chips (tips down) into the icing, and add a tiny candy stem.
5. Set the decorated cookies aside for the icing to harden (four hours or so) before serving.
You can find many more ideas for St.Patrick’s Day on Disney Family.com . Thank you Cindy Littlefield for sharing these with us.
- St. Patrick’s Day Ideas from Disney’s Spoonful.com (chipandco.com)
Let our friends at Destinations to Travel help you book your next Disney Vacation. They are the preferred Travel Agency of Chip and Company and Disney Addicts, and who we use ourselves.
Get started below for your FREE No Obligation Quote.
Book With our friends at Destinations to Travel
For the BEST in Disney, Universal, Dollywood, and SeaWorld Theme Park News, Entertainment, Merchandise & More follow us on, Facebook, Instagram, and Youtube. Don't forget to check out the Chip and Company Radio Network too!
One thought on “Mickey’s Shamrock Shorts Cookies”
Those are so cute! And they look delicious! I’m definitely making them next St. Patrick’s Day.
Comments are closed.