Mickey shaped food is always a good idea! That’s why today we have a Mickey Cake Pops recipe you will love!
If you are a fan of chocolate treats, this one is perfect for you. Plus it looks super adorable! It’s made with a delicious chocolate buttercream mixed with the cake batter and covered in chocolate and sprinkles.
Want to try this recipe at home? Just follow these instructions and have fun baking!
MICKEY CAKE POPS
- Cooking spray
- 1 1/2 cups of all purpose flour
- 3/4 cups of cake flour
- 1 3/4 cups of granulated sugar
- 1 cup of cocoa powder
- 3/4 cups of water
- 1 3/4 tsp of baking powder
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- 1 1/2 cup of buttermilk
- 1 1/3 cups of oil
- 3 eggs
- 2 tbsp of pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup of chocolate candy melts
- 1/4 cup of cocoa powder
- 1 cup of powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup of shortening
- 1/4 cup of butter, cut into small cubes, chilled
- Chocolate buttermilk cake, crumbled
- Chocolate buttercream, room temperature
- 1/2 cup of semisweet chocolate chips, melted
- 10 large boba straws or lollipop sticks
- 1 1/2 lb of dark chocolate candy melts, divided
- 1 cup of rainbow sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 350F, spray half sheet pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- Into a large bowl using a hand mixer or the bowl of a stand mixer using the paddle attachment, sift all-purpose flour, cake flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt. Add buttermilk, water, oil, and eggs, and beat on low speed until combined; beat in vanilla.
- Pour into the prepared sheet pan and bake for 22 to 25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool completely at room temperature, then refrigerate overnight. Crumble cake for use in cake pops.
- To make Mickey ears: Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, and melt candy melts according to package directions. Drop 1 tbsp of melted chocolate at a time onto the baking sheet and smooth with the back of a spoon to make a round disk for Mickey’s ear. Repeat to make 20 ears. Let ears harden, 15 to 20 minutes. Set aside.
- For chocolate buttercream: Sift cocoa powder and powdered sugar into the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a paddle attachment. Add shortening and beat on medium speed until coarse crumbs form. Add cold butter, one cube at a time, and beat until smooth.
- To make cake balls: Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside. In a large bowl using a hand mixer or the bowl of a stand mixer using the paddle attachment, add crumbled cake and mix on low speed until small crumbs form, 2 minutes.
- Add room temperature buttercream and mix on low speed until fully incorporated, 2 to 3 minutes. Add melted chocolate chips and mix on low speed until soft and most, 2 more minutes.
- Form into 3/4 cup balls, and place on the prepared baking sheet. Refrigerate for 2 hours.
- After cake balls are chilled, melt 1/2 cup of chocolate candy melts according to package directions and keep warm.
- Assemble cake pops: Dip 1/2″ of a lollipop stick or boba straw in melted chocolate and insert the chocolate coated end into the center of each cake pop, about 1/2″ deep. Refrigerate until chocolate hardens, 20 to 30 minutes.
- Decorate cake pops: Place sprinkles in a small bowl; set aside. Melt remaining chocolate candy melts according to package instructions.
- Dip cake pops in melted chocolate, allowing excess chocolate to drip off the bottom.
- Dip in sprinkles and place parchment paper. Place ears on top before chocolate hardens.
Let our friends at Destinations to Travel help you! Just fill out the form below and someone will be in touch!
- Delicious Trenette Al Pesto From Luca That You Can Make At Home! - July 26, 2021
- These Dole Whip Popsicles Are The Perfect Summer Treat! - July 25, 2021
- These Little Mermaid Cupcakes Have Us Flipping Our Fins With Happiness! - July 24, 2021