Bring a bit of spooky magic to your home with a DIY Main Street Mickey Pumpkin!
Who doesn’t love to visit Disneyland during the fall and enjoy all the beautiful Halloween decorations including the adorable Mickey Pumpkin in the middle of Main Street U.S.A.
And now you can have this Halloween decoration at your house! Have fun crafting this easy DIY with your family while you watch your favorite Halloween movie!
- Large pumpkin
- Orange, yellow, white, green and brown acrylic paint
- 2 styrofoam balls
- Craft knife
- Molding paste
- Hot glue
- Air dry clay
- Tacky glue
- Moss mat
- Styrofoam base
- Foam core
- Gray foam sheet
- Small pumpkins
- Floral twine
- Small fake flowers
- Bamboo skewers
- Small beads
- Thin black chain
- Paint the large pumpkin a brighter orange color, adding a green stem and details with a brown color. Let it dry, then with a yellow color paint Mickey’s face and let it dry.
- Shape 2 styrofoam balls to look like pumpkins using the craft knife for Mickey’s ears. Then cut into the bottom so they will sit flush with Mickey’s head.
- Add molding paste all over the styrofoam to smooth out the texture and allow them to dry. Paint both to match Mickey pumpkin and let them dry.
- Then add the ears by hot glueing the styrofoam pumpkins to Mickey.
- Make a pumpkin leaf (creating veins with an awl tool), curly vine and 2 small stems out of air dry clay. Then paint the leaf veins brown and the surface, vine and stems green.
- Hot glue the lead and vine to the top of Mickey’s head and the stems to his pumpkin ears.
- Make a base for Mickey and the pumpkins by cutting the moss mat into a circle about 1″ smaller then the styrofoam base as it will become the curb. Use tacky glue to adhere the moss to the styrofoam and let it dry.
- Cut the foam core and grey foam sheet into rings of the same size that will fit right on top of the styrofoam base to create the curb. Hot glue the gray foam sheet onto the foam core ring and the ring onto the outer edge of the platform. Cut a strip of gray foam sheet for the side of the platform and hot glue it. Let everything dry.
- Make a small pumpkin stack base by painting the small pumpkins just like you did with the large one for Mickey. Then hot glue them in a circle and build up layers.
- Twist up sections of floral twine to look like pumpkin vines and paint them green. Add them to the pumpkin stack using hot glue, then add white and yellow flowers around the stack. Next, add starburst details to the pumpkin stack using some yellow paint.
- Now to make the fence, paint 11 small bamboo skewers black and let them dry. Thread a black bead through each to the middle, then punch 11 holes in your curb using the awl and insert the skewers.
- Drape the chain from one skewers to the next and add a bead at the of each “fence post” using a dab of tacky glue.
- Finally, place Mickey on top of the pumpkin stack and enjoy your masterpiece!
Credit: Disney Family
This site contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links. Also As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Disney World Extending Holiday Theme Park Hours! - October 26, 2020
- Upcoming Minnie’s Seasonal Dining Events Coming To Hollywood Studios! - October 24, 2020
- Disney World Keeps Select Theme Parks Open Later On Halloween! - October 20, 2020