If you are craving something sweet but healthy, we have the perfect recipe for you: Te Fiti Fudgy Coco Cake Pops!
Inspired by the goddess of life in Moana, this recipe created by Dole is vegan, vegetarian, gluten free and low in sodium, making it a super healthy treat for everyone.
It features a frozen blend of Dole bananas, dates, cocoa powder, dark chocolate chips and coconut flakes on popsicle sticks. Yummy right? You can make them by following this recipe:
TE FITI FUDGY COCO CAKE POPS
- 1 Dole banana, peeled
- 1 cup of pitted dates
- 1/2 cup of almond flour
- 3 tbsp of sunflower butter
- 2 tbsp of unsweetened cocoa powder plus additional for dusting (optional)
- 1/4 cup of gluten free and vegan dark chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup of unsweetened coconut flakes
- 16 cake pop sticks
Related – Plant-Based Maui Pizza Rollups Recipe
- Line a rimmed baking pan with parchment paper.
- Pulse banana, dates, flour, sunflower butter and cocoa powder in a food processor until smooth, scraping down bowl occasionally. Add chocolate chips and coconut; pulse until incorporated.
- Transfer banana mixture to a medium bowl; freeze 20 minutes or until firm. Makes about 1 1/2 cups.
- Form banana mixture into 16 (1 1/2 inch) balls, about 1 1/2 tbsp each. Insert cake pop sticks into center of balls.
- Transfer cake pops to prepared pan and freeze for 1 hour.
- Serve frozen dusted with cocoa powder, if desired.
Enjoy this healthy snack while you have a relaxing afternoon watching Moana on Disney+!
Let our friends at Destinations to Travel help you! Just fill out the form below and someone will be in touch!