It’s time to bake something spooktacular! We are thinking about some Binx the cat cookies!
You might remember him from Hocus Pocus, as Thackery Binx, the kid the witches transformed into an immortal black cat at the beginning of the film. Well now we are going to transform him into some delicious cookies!
Take a look at this frightful recipe from D23 and recreate it at home:
- Prepared dark colored chocolate cookie mix
- Black decorating gel
- White canned frosting
- Gel food coloring
- Small zip top bags or piping bags with tips
- Preheat the oven to 375F.
- Mix the chocolate cookie mix and black decorating gel until the dough appears black.
- Scoop out about 1 tbs of dough, separate and create two triangle shapes for ears.
- Place about an inch apart onto a cookie sheet and flatten a bit.
- Scoop out about 2 tbs of dough and roll into a ball. Gently flatten out the ball into a round shape for the head.
- Place the round shape onto the cookie sheet overlapping the base of each ear and repeat with the rest of the cookies.
- Bake for approximately 12-14 minutes. Then let it cool.
- In small zip top bags, mix red food coloring with a small amount of white frosting for his nose and ears.
- Mix yellow and just a touch of green food coloring with white frosting for his eyes.
- Fill another bag with white frosting for his whiskers and teeth.
- Snip a small hole in the corner of each bag to gently pipe the frosting out and decorate the cookies.
Now you have some delicious treats to celebrate Halloween at home!
This site contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links. Also As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Learn How To Make The Cutest Winnie The Pooh Pizzas At Home! - January 18, 2021
- Ghirardelli’s Ultimate Double Chocolate Cookies Recipe You Can Make At Home! - January 17, 2021
- Learn How To Make Mickey Paint Palette Donuts With This Magical Recipe! - January 16, 2021