Toffee just got more magical with this Churro Toffee recipe from Disneyland!
This tasty treat can be found at Disney California Adventure Trolley Treats on Buena Vista Street, in bakeries around the Disneyland Resort or Marceline’s Confectionary in Downtown Disney District. It’s a must have when you visit the Californian parks for sure.
It features white chocolate covered toffee topped with cinnamon sugar! Sounds good right? And to make it even better, you don’t have to wait until you go to Disneyland to have it because you can make it at home! Just follow this easy recipe from Gluesticks and enjoy:
- 1 cup of butter ( do not use margarine)
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1/2 tsp of vanilla
- Pinch of salt
- 1 cup of white chips or melting chocolate
- Cinnamon and sugar
- Baking sheet
- Sturdy pan
- Wooden spoon
- Measuring cup
- Measuring spoons
- Line a baking sheet with foil.
- Heat butter, sugar, vanilla and salt in a nice sturdy saucepan on medium heat until butter is melted. Turn temperature up to the med-high and stir constantly until mixture comes to a boil.
- Set your timer for 5 minutes and do not let anything disturb you while you stir. You must keep stirring your butter/sugar mixture so that is does not burn. And you must use a wooden spoon.
- Keep stirring until your time goes off. It may even smoke a tiny bit and that is ok. If you are really concerned, lift you pan off of the burner (while you are still stirring) to remove it from the heat, but still stir until your timer goes off. You are looking for toffee that is the color of a brown paper bag. No tan or beige, but brown.
- Immediately pour hot toffee onto your foil-lined baking sheet.
- The toffee will be about 1/4-1/2″ thick. Do not scrape the bottom of the pan. As you pour, the bottom will brown and you don’t want that in your toffee.
- Fill your pan with hot water and set it aside. It will start dissolving the toffee left inside and make it easier to clean.
- Let toffee cool. It should harden within a couple of minutes.
- Melt your white chips or melting chocolate in the microwave at 30 second intervals until smooth.
- Spread across your toffee with a small spatula or butter knife.
- Sprinkle liberally with a mixture of cinnamon and sugar while white chocolate is still wet. After it has set up, break toffee into pieces.
- Come To The Dark Side And Enjoy A Vader-Ade Cocktail! - June 18, 2021
- Snow White Red Apple Crispy Treats To Make At Home! - June 17, 2021
- You Can Order A Virgin Mai Tai Frappuccino At Starbucks! - June 16, 2021