Accio Butterbeer Cupcakes! Ok if that didn’t work, no worries, we will teach you how to make them the muggle way.
If you are a fan of the famous butterbeer from the Harry Potter universe, then you will love these cupcakes! They will make you feel like a true witch or wizard, that’s how magical they are.
Learn how to make these butterbeer cupcakes at home with this easy recipe from Tastemade and transport yourself to the wizarding world of Harry Potter!
- 250g of brown sugar
- 250ml of thickened cream
- 250g of unsalted butter
- 3 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 cups of caster sugar superfine
- 3 tsp of baking powder
- 1/2 tsp of fine salt
- 1/2 cup of unsalted butter softened
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups of whole milk
- 1/2 cup of vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp of Greek yogurt or sour cream
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- Salted caramel sauce optional
- 1 batch of fluffy vanilla buttercream frosting
- 4 tbsp of butterscotch sauce or 2 tsp of butterscotch essence
- Preheat a fan-forced oven to 160C (320F) or 180C (356F) for a conventional oven. Line a cupcake tin with cupcake liners.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, add the flour, baking powder, brown sugar and salt. Turn mixer on low speed and allow it to mix for a couple minutes to help everything combine well (alternatively you may do this by sifting the ingredients together). Add the softened butter and let it mix until it resembles a fine sand like texture.
- Next, add creaming soda, eggs, yogurt, oil and vanilla extract in a large jug and whisk well.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients in a slow and steady stream until no dry ingredients are visible. Scrape down the bowl and mix for another 20 seconds.
- Fill each cupcake liner 3/4 of the way (using an ice cream scoop to transfer the batter into the cupcake liners makes this a quick and easy process otherwise you can use two tablespoons).
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Allow them to cool completely on a wire cooling rack before frosting.
- Core the centre of each cupcake and fill with butterscotch sauce.
- Add butterscotch sauce to buttercream frosting and mix until well combined. Fit the end of a piping bag with a Wilton 6B top and frost in a swirl. Drizzle with salted caramel or butterscotch. Fit the end of a piping bag with a Wilton 1M tip and frost a swirl on top of that. If your sauce is warm, you may need to wait for it to cool before piping the second swirl of frosting.
Enjoy your butterbeer cupcakes!
Let our friends at Destinations to Travel help you book your next Disney Vacation. They are the preferred Travel Agency of Chip and Company and Disney Addicts, and who we use ourselves.
Get started below for your FREE No Obligation Quote.
Book With our friends at Destinations to Travel
For the BEST in Disney, Universal, Dollywood, and SeaWorld Theme Park News, Entertainment, Merchandise & More follow us on, Facebook, Instagram, and Youtube. Don't forget to check out the Chip and Company Radio Network too!