It may seem “goofy” or “dopey” and make you feel “grumpy” or “happy,” but: The parking lot at Magic Kingdom has gone to the Disney Heroes and Villains.
Say “hello” to Woody, Aladdin, Simba, Hook, Scar, Zurg and a half dozen other goodies and baddies. They have replaced sections named for “classic” Disney characters and Dwarfs.
New names for sections of the lot are part of an operational change designed to make it easier for Magic Kingdom guests to navigate and remember where they parked their vehicle in the 12,000-plus vehicle, 125-acre facility. With the change, there are two loading and unloading zones at the Transportation and Ticket Center, one for trams running to the Heroes portion of the parking lot, the other for the Villains area.
With the change, guests will park either in one of six Heroes sections (Aladdin, Mulan, Peter Pan, Rapunzel, Simba, Woody) or one of six Villains sections (Cruella, Hook, Jafar, Scar, Ursula , Zurg). According to park operations, the change provides more visual cues to joggle guests’ memories.
- Top 5 Disney Character Sidekicks (chipandco.com)
- Magic Kingdom Fantasyland Construction Update October 2011 (onlywdworld.com)
- Condiments returning to the table at Disney World Restaurants - June 16, 2021
- Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge is reopening on Aug. 26th - June 15, 2021
- Happily Ever After & Epcot Forever returning to Disney World this summer - June 15, 2021