The Disneyland Resort is still closed but pending government approval, the parks will reopen next month! Let’s go over all of the reopening details for Disneyland you’ll want to know.
The Downtown Disney District will begin opening on July 9. Pending government approval, both Disneyland and Disney California Adventure will reopen July 17. And Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa and Disney’s Paradise Pier Hotel will reopen July 23.
Upon reopening, certain Disneyland Resort theme parks, hotels, restaurants and other locations may be limited in capacity and subject to restricted availability or even closure based on guidance from health experts and government officials.
Certain attractions, experiences, services, and amenities will be modified, have limited availability, or remain closed. Park admission and offerings are not guaranteed.
Disney’s focus remains on the health and safety of all guests and Cast Members. When the resort reopens there will be enhanced health and safety measures in place which include:
- Enhanced Protective Measures: Face coverings for both Cast Members and Guests will be required, with the addition of hand-washing stations and physical barriers, where appropriate.
- Physical Distancing: Theme park capacity will be reduced to enable physical distancing and appropriate signs will be added to help Guests move responsibly throughout the property.
- Temperature Checks: All Guests will undergo temperature screenings prior to entering the Downtown Disney District or the theme parks; in addition, health screenings and temperature checks will be required daily for Cast Members.
- Limited-Contact Enhancements: Cashless transactions are recommended and Cast Member and Guest interactions will be reduced with helpful technology, including the expansion of Mobile Order in the Disneyland app, Apple Pay and more.
- Enhanced Cleaning and Sanitation: Disney will build upon its existing standards of cleaning with heightened protocols.
There will also be a new park reservation system in place when the parks reopen. The following updates will help promote physical distancing:
- Park Reservations: Because theme park capacity will be significantly limited to comply with governmental requirements and promote physical distancing, attendance will be managed through a new theme park reservation system that will require all Guests, including Annual Passholders, to obtain a reservation for park entry in advance. Theme park reservations will be subject to availability. More details about this new reservation system will be available soon.
- New Ticket Sales: At this time, Disney is also temporarily pausing new ticket sales and Annual Passport sales and renewals. Additional details will be provided soon.
- Hotels of the Disneyland Resort: Pending governmental approval, Disneyland Resort Hotel Guests will once again enjoy being immersed in the magic when Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa and Disney’s Paradise Pier Hotel, and Disney Vacation Club Villas at Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa reopen to Guests and members starting on July 23, 2020. The Disneyland Hotel will open at a later date. Plans to support physical distancing as well as increased cleaning measures, along with a number of other health and safety protocols, will be implemented as part of the phased reopening of the hotels and the Disney Vacation Club.
Additionally, select attractions and certain experiences that draw large group gatherings—such as parades and nighttime spectaculars—will return at a later date. While character meet-and-greets will be temporarily unavailable, Characters will be in the parks in new ways to entertain and delight Guests. The Disneyland Resort will also have capacity measures in place, as well as limitations on parking and operating hours.
This site contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links. Also As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Disney World Theme Park Hours released through April 3rd - January 16, 2021
- Proof of negative COVID test needed for International Travelers coming to US - January 15, 2021
- Disney reimagines spaces for Children’s Hospitals - January 15, 2021