Guests who have a Disneyland Resort reservation with dates beginning July 23rd are starting to get notifications from Disney about their stay. The Disneyland Resort plans to reopen the Downtown Disney District on July 9, both theme parks on July 17, and two of the three hotels on July 23.
Disney’s Paradise Pier Hotel and Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel and Spa are scheduled to reopen July 23 with the Disneyland Hotel opening at a later date. If you have a reservation at the Disneyland Hotel, you will need to decide if you want to modify or cancel your reservation.
Guests with any reservation beginning July 23 will need to confirm, modify, or cancel their reservation.
For Guests wishing to confirm their reservations:
- Contact the Disney Reservation Center to notify Disney of Guest’s confirmation.
- As needed, Disney will move Guests from closed to open Disneyland Resort hotels during this time. This move will be at no additional cost to Guests. Note that they won’t have an option to modify to another hotel of their choosing for this reservation.
For Guests wishing to modify their reservations to a future date in 2020:
- Contact the Disney Reservation Center to modify booking to a later date in 2020.
- They may only modify to one of the announced opened Disneyland Resort hotels, based on availability. Guests will be responsible for any higher rates.
- Travel protection may be moved to a new reservation in 2020. The Guest will be responsible for any difference in price.
For Guests wishing to cancel their reservations:
- Contact the Disney Reservation Center to notify Disney of the cancellation.
Disney is also trying to contact guests directly. If you have a Disneyland Resort reservation, you may receive an email similar to the one below:
It’s time for magic – and we look forward to welcoming you back. As we prepare for your return to the Disneyland Resort, we know there is still much uncertainty with respect to the impacts of COVID-19. The safety and well-being of our Guests and Cast Members remain the top priority at Disneyland Resort.
We currently plan to begin reopening Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa and Disney’s Paradise Pier Hotel on July 23, 2020.
The Disneyland Hotel will reopen at a later date. This means we are unable to accommodate your upcoming Disneyland Hotel room reservation at this time. However, we do want you to visit us and there may be opportunities to rebook at one of our other two hotels.
To modify your existing travel reservation, please contact the Walt Disney Travel Company at (714) 520-5050 between the hours of 7:00 AM PST and 9:00 PM PST, 7 days a week. If you are a Canada resident, please call (800) 496-6337. If you originally booked through a Travel Professional, please reach out to them directly if you have questions or would like to reschedule.
Should you decide to cancel your existing Disneyland Hotel room reservation, we will waive Disney-imposed change and cancellation fees up to the date of check-in for your upcoming reservation. If you are unable to reach us before your check-in date to cancel your reservation, you will not be penalized or assessed Disney-imposed fees for cancelling your Disneyland Hotel room reservation or Walt Disney Travel Company vacation package after your check-in date for your currently existing Disneyland Hotel room reservation.
If you have already modified or cancelled your upcoming Disneyland Hotel room reservation or Walt Disney Travel Company vacation package, no further action needs to be taken.
Note that some package components are nonrefundable and subject to third-party operator cancellation policies. You should work directly with any third-party operators you have used to book any parts of your vacation package that were not booked through the Walt Disney Travel Company, including flights, travel protection and car rentals.
We do anticipate heavy call volume and appreciate your patience as we work hard to respond to all inquiries.
Disney Destinations LLC”
Let our friends at Destinations to Travel help you plan your next Disney Vacation! Just fill out the form below and someone will be in touch! Remember their services are 100% Free!
- First look at the Holiday Merch coming to Disneyland - October 16, 2021
- Travel Ban is lifting for UK & EU residents starting on November 8th - October 15, 2021
- Jellyrolls returns to Disney’s Boardwalk - October 15, 2021