Today we are flying to Pandora – The World of Avatar to try some delicious Pongu Lumpia!
This tasty dessert that can be found at Pongu Pongu at Disney’s Animal Kingdom is a must have during your visit to the park. Pongu Lumpia is inspired by a spring roll of Chinese origin, commonly found as a popular street food snack in Indonesia and the Philippines, and is traditionally a mixture of savory vegetables and chopped meat filling rolled in a spring roll wrapper.
At Disney, the Culinary Team created a version for Pandora – The World of Avatar with a sweet twist, a spring roll with cream cheese and dice pineapple! So good!
We have the recipe so you can recreate this yummy treat at home! Take a look:
- 10 spring roll wrappers
- 1 (8oz) package of cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 cups of diced fresh pineaaple
- 1/2 cup of sugar, divided
- Oil for frying
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- Carefully separate spring roll wrappers. Cover wrappers with moist paper towel to prevent drying.
- Cut softened cream cheese into 10 equal pieces.
- Place one spring roll wrapper on a cutting board. Place one piece of cream cheese in the center of the spring roll and spread evenly on wrapper, leaving a 3/4 inch boarder around the edges. Add 3 tbsp of diced pineapple and sprinkle with 1/2 tsp of sugar.
- Roll one edge of the wrapper towards the center. Fold in both sides and continue rolling. Moisten the edge with water to seal the lumpia.
- Repeat with remaining spring roll wrappers.
- Place lumpia on prepared baking sheet and freeze for 4 hours or overnight.
- Preheat 1 inch of oil in a frying pan to 350F. Fry lumpia for 3 minutes on each side, until golden brown. Drain on paper towels.
- Roll in remaining sugar before serving.
Credit: Disney Parks
- Surprise Mom With A Tonga Toast Breakfast This Mother’s Day! - May 8, 2021
- Apple Crumble Tarts Recipe From Epcot Food & Wine Festival! - May 7, 2021
- Surprise Your Ohana With A Stitch Smoothie Bowl! - May 6, 2021