Last night I had a conference call with some of the Pixie agents and our Disney Representative and he updated us on some of the exciting, new things that will be happening in Disney World over the next couple of years. Some of it has already been reported on the web, but there’s some nice new information in there as well. Here are the highlights:
- The Little Mermaid attraction will be one of the first of the new Fantasyland attractions to open, sometime in Fall 2012.
- The Seven Dwarfs Mine rollercoaster will be one of the last to open, sometime in late 2013.
- Other attractions expected to open in the fall of 2012 include Belle’s chateau, the Be Our Guest dining experience, and Gaston’s tavern, a quick service location.
- The Be Our Guest restaurant is NOT scheduled to be a character meal at this time.
- The princesses will move from their temporary meet and greet in the Exposition Hall to the old location of Snow White’s Scary Adventures. The new meet and greet will be called Princess Storybook Hall, which ties it in with the Storybook Circus being constructed over in the old Toon Town part of the park. Expect this to open in Fall 2013.
On the topic of resorts, our Rep had this to say:
- You’ll be able to book the new health and wellness suites at the Contemporary Resort staring sometime after the 4th of July. The suites will sleep up to six. Expect them to run around $800 per night (this number is still not firm). No official opening date, but they should be ready for booking by Thanksgiving week.
- Nothing solid on whether or not the refurbishment over at Port Orleans Riverside means that the rooms will only sleep four, but the queen sized beds will make it very difficult to use a trundle. Expect the worst but hope for the best, but I’m betting these rooms will only sleep four after the refurb is complete.