Oh. That’s not enough to answer this question? It is for me! From the second my husband, son, and I walked into the luxurious lobby we knew we made a great choice in our stay. We are Disney Vacation Club members and it was after our stay here that we immediately decided to add on to our membership and purchase a whole lot of points at Beach Club – we’d be back for sure! The ambiance of the resort is relaxing. The pool and activities are exciting. There’s so much to do at the Beach Club yet you could do absolutely nothing but stare out at the beautiful Crescent Lake and still have a fabulous time!
A list of the pros and cons will surely help you decide if this resort is right for you:
- Stormalong Bay – The pool in of itself is it’s own attraction! Shared with Disney’s Yacht Club Resort, Stormalong Bay is the most extensive pool at the Walt Disney World Resort. It’s great for any age – babies to adults! The Stormalong Bay Pool has a sand bottom, waterslide, lazy river (current channel), and whirl pool. Great for the kiddies is the zero entry at one end of the pool which makes playing even more fun for them. They can sit in the shallow water and build sand castles while you sip a fruity cocktail from Hurricane Hanna’s Grill and Poolside Bar. I may or may not have an intimate relationship with their frozen mango margaritas. The water slide at Stormalong Bay is located in the Albatross Pirate Ship and in my opinion the best on Disney property.
- The vicinity of the Beach Club to Epcot is unbeatable! You can leave your room or villa at the Beach Club and be at the International Gateway entrance to Epcot in no more than 10-15 minutes…and that’s if you’re walking as slow as possible! After a hot day at the parks and a quick swim at Stormalong Bay, there’s nothing better than being able to pop into Epcot to make your ADR and not have to worry about timing the buses.
- Food choices. I’m proud of myself for waiting until bullet point number three before talking about food. There are a few great dining choices at the resort. Beach Club’s counter service is typical of a Deluxe resort in that it’s small and doesn’t have an abundance of choice but what they do have is tasty and good quality. Their egg and cheese on a croissant sandwich is a personal favorite of mine. Besides that is the beautifully themed and always stellar dining choice of the Cape May Cafe. Mornings feature a character breakfast and evenings boast an outstanding clam bake that I always seem to need to be rolled out of in a wheelbarrow! Beaches N Cream is always a hit – be sure to ask for the Kitchen Sink!
- Entertainment! A quick walk across Crescent Lake and you’re smack in the middle of Disney’s Boardwalk which has restaurants and entertainment for the whole family! It’s bustling there and there’s plenty to do. And the beauty of your stay at Beach Club is that you can enjoy the entertainment and dining options but be home in your quiet room or villa in a few minutes!
Cons – Gosh, do I have to have some cons?
- Transportation. Bus & boat transportation is often shared with the Yacht Club resort, Boardwalk Resort, Swan & Dolphin hotels. Because of this, it may take a bit longer to get to your destination than if you had a bus that went directly from the Beach Club to a park. That being said, you can WALK to Epcot AND Disney’s Hollywood Studios in no time so in my opinion, the ease of getting to those parks far outweighs the annoyance the added time for a bus to the Magic Kingdom might cause.
- The price. This is a Deluxe resort and with that comes a deluxe price tag. If you are planning on spending all of your time at the parks and little to no time at the resort, then this resort may not be right for you.
- For those of you with early-to-bed kids, the noise from the Illuminations fireworks at Epcot may keep your kid up. I thought for sure my guy would wake up when we started to hear the fireworks. Surprisingly, he never did during our week-long stay there. All the excitement from the parks and swimming at Stormalong Bay knocked him out.
Disney’s Beach Club Resort is by far my favorite resort. It’s size makes it completely manageable and not overwhelming like some of the other resorts. The pool and activities available make this resort one that you could relax at the whole day and not feel like you’ve missed a thing on your vacation. The staff is always friendly and accommodating and the laid back beach vacation feeling you get when you stay there is a perfect compliment to the hustle and bustle of the theme parks. I guarantee a great stay at the Beach Club!
- Is Disney’s Boardwalk Villas Resort For You? (chipandco.com)
- 5 Things we LOVE About the Disney’s Beach Club Resort (chipandco.com)
Let our friends at Destinations to Travel help you book your next Disney Vacation. They are the preferred Travel Agency of Chip and Company and Disney Addicts, and who we use ourselves.
Get started below for your FREE No Obligation Quote.
Book With our friends at Destinations to Travel
For the BEST in Disney, Universal, Dollywood, and SeaWorld Theme Park News, Entertainment, Merchandise & More follow us on, Facebook, Instagram, and Youtube. Don't forget to check out the Chip and Company Radio Network too!