Bring some magic to your kitchen with these Holiday It’s a Small World Cookies!
Disneyland during the holidays is magical, specially when some of the most beloved and classic attractions transform into a festive ride full of colorful lights and colors! Plus we can’t forget the Santa hat on the famous clock these cookies are inspired on.
Learn how to make them with this recipe from Disney:
HOLIDAY IT’S A SMALL WORLD COOKIES
- 3/4 cup of unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup of white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp of baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 4 cups of powdered sugar
- 2 tbsp of meringue powder
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup of water
- Red and gold gel food coloring
Materials for It’s a small world cookies
- Piping bags
- Medium sized, round piping tip
- Small, metal spatula (or small butter knife)
- Cream together your butter and sugar, then add in your eggs and vanilla. Combine.
- Add in flour, baking powder, and salt. Stir with rubber spatula.
- Cover your mixing bowl and place in the fridge to chill.
- Preheat the over to 375F.
- Place dough on parchment paper in a ball, then place another piece of paper on top of the dough. Then roll it out until it is about 1/4″ thick.
- Use a small knife to cut the shape of the small world clock with a Santa hat, then place on cookie sheet.
- Bake your It’s a small world cookies for 7 to 8 minutes, then allow to cool completely.
- Mix together the royal icing ingredients (minus the food coloring) together until peaks form.
- Place 1/4 into a piping bag with a medium size rounded tip, then outline the shape of the clock head and fluffy white parts of Santa’s hat.
- Place 3-4 tbsp of royal icing into a bowl and stir in red food coloring, add 5 tsp of water, and use it to the outline of Santa’s hat.
- Place the rest of the white icing into a piping bag, and fill in the white parts of your cookie using a small metal spatula to smooth out the inner frosting.
- Add red food coloring to any leftover frosting, and pipe to fill in the red hat spreading smooth with a small metal spatula.
- Use gold food coloring to draw on a face and outline Santa’s hat.
Enjoy your It’s a Small World cookies!
Credit: Disney Family
Let our friends at Destinations to Travel help you plan your next Disney Vacation! Just fill out the form below and someone will be in touch! Remember their services are 100% Free!
- Holiday It’s A Small World Cookies To Celebrate Christmas! - November 23, 2021
- Delicious Mickey Mouse Peppermint Cookies To Bake During The Holidays! - November 23, 2021
- These Holiday Mickey Meringue Pops Are A Great Treat For This Christmas Season! - November 23, 2021