Join Merida and Elinor in baking some delicious Holiday Gingersnaps!
This recipe was shared by Pixar pastry chef MaryLou Jaso and is extremely simple yet delicious! It features just a few ingredients to give these cookies just the right amount of spice. So put on Brave on Disney+ and start baking these adorable treats!
- 9 oz of butter
- 2 eggs
- 1.25 cups of brown sugar
- .5 tsp of salt
- 2 tsp of powdered ginger
- 2.24 cups of flour
- 2 tsp of cinnamon
- 1 tsp of black pepper
- .25 cup of molasses
- 2 tsp of grated fresh ginger
- 2 tsp of baking soda
- 1.5 tsp of ground clove
- demerara sugar
- Cream butter, brown sugar, salt and spices.
- Mix in molasses, then mix in eggs.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together baking soda and flour, then add to the dough and mix.
- Scoop mixture with a 1oz of ice cream scoop, roll in demerara sugar and flatten slightly.
- Bake at 325F for about ten minutes until golden and slightly cracked.