Change your fate with these Brave Banana Cherry Teacakes! But don’t worry, they won’t change you into a bear.
Dole created a teacake recipe with a modern twist, this vegetarian version is a new, healthier take on an iconic Scottish pastry made with bananas and cherries!
We are sure these cakes will become a favorite in your home, plus making them is super easy and everyone can help! Just follow this easy recipe:
BRAVE BANANA CHERRY TEACAKES
- 3/4 cup of white whole wheat flour plus additional for dusting
- 1/2 cup of oat flour
- 1 tbsp of baking powder
- 1/8 tsp of salt
- 3 tbsp of chopped walnuts
- 2 tbsp of unsweetened dried cherries, chopped
- 2 ripe Dole bananas, 1 peeled and mashed (about 1/2 cup), 1 peeled and thinly sliced crosswise
- 1/3 cup of oat milk
- 3 tbsp of natural buttery spread with olive oil, melted
- 3 tbsp of avocado oil
- 1/4 cup of almond butter
- Honey for serving (optional)
- Whisk flours, baking powder and salt in a large bowl; stir in walnuts and cherries.
- Whisk mashed banana, milk and buttery spread in a medium bowl. Stir banana mixture into flour mixture until incorporated; transfer to lightly floured work surface and knead just until dough comes together.
- Divide dough into 8 pieces; roll into balls and shape into 1/4 inch thick disks.
- Heat 1 1/2 tbsp oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add 4 dough disks; cook 8 minutes or until golden brown, turning once.
- Repeat with remaining 1 1/2 tbsp oil and 4 dough disks. Makes 8 bannocks.
- Serve bannocks topped with almond butter and remaining sliced banana; drizzle with honey, if desired.
Let our friends at Destinations to Travel help you plan your next Disney Vacation! Just fill out the form below and someone will be in touch! Remember their services are 100% Free!
- Sweet Mickey Valentine’s Day Milkshake To Treat Yourself This Valentine’s Day! - January 15, 2022
- Celebrate Your Unbirthday With These Awesome Mad Tea Party Dessert Cups! - January 15, 2022
- Mickey’s Chocolate Dipped Valentine Cookies To Gift Your Loved Ones! - January 14, 2022