Change your fate with these Brave Banana Cherry Teacakes! But don’t worry, they won’t change you into a bear.
Dole created a teacake recipe with a modern twist, this vegetarian version is a new, healthier take on an iconic Scottish pastry made with bananas and cherries!
We are sure these cakes will become a favorite in your home, plus making them is super easy and everyone can help! Just follow this easy recipe:
BRAVE BANANA CHERRY TEACAKES
- 3/4 cup of white whole wheat flour plus additional for dusting
- 1/2 cup of oat flour
- 1 tbsp of baking powder
- 1/8 tsp of salt
- 3 tbsp of chopped walnuts
- 2 tbsp of unsweetened dried cherries, chopped
- 2 ripe Dole bananas, 1 peeled and mashed (about 1/2 cup), 1 peeled and thinly sliced crosswise
- 1/3 cup of oat milk
- 3 tbsp of natural buttery spread with olive oil, melted
- 3 tbsp of avocado oil
- 1/4 cup of almond butter
- Honey for serving (optional)
- Whisk flours, baking powder and salt in a large bowl; stir in walnuts and cherries.
- Whisk mashed banana, milk and buttery spread in a medium bowl. Stir banana mixture into flour mixture until incorporated; transfer to lightly floured work surface and knead just until dough comes together.
- Divide dough into 8 pieces; roll into balls and shape into 1/4 inch thick disks.
- Heat 1 1/2 tbsp oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add 4 dough disks; cook 8 minutes or until golden brown, turning once.
- Repeat with remaining 1 1/2 tbsp oil and 4 dough disks. Makes 8 bannocks.
- Serve bannocks topped with almond butter and remaining sliced banana; drizzle with honey, if desired.
Let our friends at Destinations to Travel help you! Just fill out the form below and someone will be in touch!
- Learn How To Make Pepperoni Pizza Spring Rolls From Adventureland! - July 29, 2021
- Refreshing Mint Julep From Disneyland To Make At Home! - July 28, 2021
- You Can Make The Delicious Remy’s Soup From Ratatouille At Home! - July 27, 2021