There has been a lot of news coming out tonight about the reopening of Walt Disney World. One of the bigger news items is how having a Disney Resort hotel reservation does not guarantee theme park access…
On the Disney World website under Top things you should know Disney list out details for guests staying at Walt Disney World.
Let’s take a look
Top Things You Need To Know
We made some important updates at our Disney Resort hotels and implemented a number of new health and safety measures.
What You’ll Need
Before traveling to Florida, please make sure that you have reviewed any advisories or restrictions that may be in place for travel to Florida. Visit https://floridahealthcovid19.gov/travelers/ for information. Guests who are under isolation or quarantine orders must not enter Walt Disney World Resort.
Please be aware that you’ll also need:
- A confirmed room reservation for your stay. Be sure to link your reservation to your Disney account to receive important information prior to your arrival—visit My Plans to get started
- A confirmed dining reservation if you’re a day Guest (not staying overnight)
- Face coverings for each Guest age 2 and up—which must be worn in all public areas, except while swimming or seated for dining
- Planning to visit a theme park during your stay? Select Walt Disney World theme parks will begin to reopen on July 11. To enter a park, both a park reservation and valid admission for the same park on the same date is required (a Disney Resort hotel reservation does not guarantee theme park access)
Also, it’s highly recommended to have:
- The latest version of the My Disney Experience app on your mobile device, with location services and notifications enabled
- Cashless or contactless forms of payment, including MagicBands, which Disney Resort hotel Guests can use to charge purchases to their Disney Resort hotel folio
Could you imagine getting all the way to Disney World and you might not make it to the park?
Disney Fans online are quite upset over that bit of news. I understand having to run at limited capacity due to COVID-19 but many people including myself spend thousands of dollars to visit the theme parks. I couldn’t imagine getting all the way there and not having access to the parks…
What do you think? Let us know in the comment box below!
For other changes coming to Disney World next month click the links below.
- Changes to Disney World Dining when Walt Disney World reopens next month
- Changes to Disney World Transportation When Walt Disney World Opens Next Month
- Changes to Disney World Merchandise when Walt Disney World reopens next month
- Select Deluxe Resorts and Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort will be the only resorts to reopen at Disney World
- Disney World Resort has just updated information on Resort Reservations, Experiences, Transportation, Dining, and more
- Disneyland Paris Officially Welcomes Back Guests Today - July 15, 2020
- Walt Disney World has fully suspended the Cultural Representative Program - July 14, 2020
- Star Wars Frozen Drink Recipes to try at home! - July 14, 2020