Add some magic to your day with these Mickey S’mores you can make at home!
If you like this camping treat, then you will love these s’mores inspired by our favorite mouse. Everything is better if is Mickey shaped after all right? Just picture those crisp graham crackers with marshmallow and sweet chocolate inside, so good!
If you would like to surprise your family with this tasty treat, all you have to do is follow this easy recipe from Disney Family:
- 1 cup of organic whole wheat flour
- 1 1/2 cups of all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup of dark brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- 1 tsp of cinnamon
- 1 tsp of baking soda
- 1 tbsp of flax seeds
- 1/2 cup of bitter, chilled & cubed
- 1/4 cup of organic honey
- 1 tsp of vanilla
- 1/4 cup of water
- Mickey Mouse cookie cutter
- 3 (1/4 oz) package of unflavored gelatin
- 1/2 cup of cold water
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 2/3 cup of light corn syrup
- 1/4 tsp of coarse salt
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- Powdered sugar
- Nonstick cooking spray
- Chocolate bars
- Preheat ove to 350 degrees.
- To make the graham crackers, combine both flours, brown sugar, salt, cinnamon, flax seeds and baking sofa in a food processor.
- Add cubes and chilled butter to the mix and pulse until is mix is coarse.
- Add honey, water and vanilla and continue to mix until combined.
- Remove the dough and shape into a ball. Roll out dough, about 1/4 inch thick and cut out crackers using Mickey Mouse cookie cutter.
- Place cookies on a parchment lined baking sheet and bake for 13-15 minutes. Cool completely on cooling rack before removing.
For the marshmallows
- Lightly spray a baking sheet with cooking spray. Line pan with plastic wrap.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, sprinkle gelatin over 1/2 cup of cold water, let stand for 10 minutes.
- In a medium saucepan, combine sugar, corn syrup, and 1/4 cup of water. Place saucepan over medium-high hear and bring to a boil; boil rapidly for 1 minute. Remove from heat.
- With the mixer on high, slowly pour the boiling syrup down the side of the mixer bowl into gelatin mixture. Add salt and mix for 12 minutes.
- Add vanilla extract and mix until well combined.
- Spray a rubber spatula with cooking spray and spread mixture evenly into pan. Spray a sheet of plastic wrap with cooking spray and place, spray side down, on top of the marshmallows. Allow to set for at least 2 hours.
- Gently remove marshmallows from pan. Using a Mickey Mouse cookie cutter, cut out marshmallows and toss in powdered sugar.
- Finally, place each marshmallow and chocolate bar between two graham crackers.
Credit: Disney Family
- Change Your Fate With These Brave Banana Cherry Teacakes! - June 15, 2021
- Wakey Wakey Vegan Hash Recipe To Start Your Day! - June 14, 2021
- Glass Slipper Veggie Tea Sandwiches Fit For Royalty! - June 13, 2021