Disneyland is turning 54 years young today. Here is some fun facts about Disneyland from Jodi Jill at the Examiner.
- Disneyland first opened July 17, 1955.
- TheÂ opening price of the parkÂ including land and Â attractions was $16 million.
- The most popular attraction (based on attendance) in Disneyland is Pirates of the Caribbean.
- Steamboat Willie wasÂ Mickey Mouse’sÂ first Cartoon. It can be seen on Mainstreet U.S.A.
- Construction of Disneyland began on July 18, 1954, and was completed 365 days later.
- Over the drawbridge entrance of Sleeping Beauty’s Castle is the Disney family’s crest.
- There is a time Castle buried in front of the Castle.
- Steve Martin was a employee at the Magic Shop on Main Street years ago.
- in 1959, the Matterhorn Bobsleds coaster opened. It was the first tub steel roller coaster.
- Disneyland is made of: Main Street USA, New Orleans Square,Â Critter Country, Fantasyland, Adventureland,Â Mickeyâ€™s Toontown, Frontierland, and Tomorrowland.
- Over 500 items are collected by Lost and Found each day.
Watch our latest Youtube Videos here.
Latest posts by Chip (see all)