Add some Red Mint Marshmallows to your hot cocoa for an extra festive drink!
This treat is very popular at Festival of the Holidays in Disney California Adventure and we can totally see why. It’s versatile and tasty, you can have it alone as a little snack or add it to your favorite drink for some extra holiday cheer!
And now you can make it at home with this recipe Disney Parks Blog shared for this Holiday season! It’s super simple, take a look:
RED MINT MARSHMALLOWS
- 3/4 oz of unflavored gelatin
- 1 cup of water, divided equally
- 2 cups of granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup of light corn syrup
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 tbsp of peppermint extract
- 1 tbsp of red gel food coloring
- 1/2 cup of cornstarch
- 1/2 cup of powdered sugar
- Spray a 9×13 inch pan with non-stick spray.
- Mix gelatin with 1/2 cup of water in the bowl of an electric mixer. Set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, mix together the remaining 1/2 cup of water, sugar, and corn syrup.
- Cook over medium heat for 12-15 minutes, until mixture reaches 240F. Remove from heat and rest for 1 minute, until temperature reaches 230F.
- Pour sugar mixture into gelatin and water.
- Whip on medium speed for 2 minutes, until mixture begins to thicken. Add salt. Continue to whip for 8-10 minutes, until mixture doubles in size.
- Add peppermint extract and gel food coloring. Whip for 1 minute.
- Spray a spatula with non-stick cooking spray. Pour marshmallow mixture into prepared 9×13 inc pan. Smooth using spatula. Marshmallows will be very sticky.
- Let your red mint marshmallows rest for 4 hours, until set.
- In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and powdered sugar.
- Once the red mint marshmallows are set, cut into 24 squares. Dredge in cornstarch and powdered sugar mixture.
- Store in airtight container until ready to use.
Credit: Disney Parks
Let our friends at Destinations to Travel help you plan your next Disney Vacation! Just fill out the form below and someone will be in touch! Remember their services are 100% Free!
- Disney Tsum Tsum Lantern Fairy Lights To Add A Magical Touch To Your Room! - January 11, 2022
- These Mickey And Minnie Ufufy Cupcakes Have A Hidden Surprise Inside! - January 11, 2022
- Adorable Mickey And Minnie Cookie Dough Crispy Pops To Gift This Valentine’s Day! - January 11, 2022