These Pumpkin Beignets filled with fall flavors are the perfect autumn treat!
We are a month way from the fall season but we can’t wait to start enjoying all the delicious treats that come with it, like these delicious beignets, an upgraded version of the original treat that you can find at Mint Julep Bar, these pumpkin flavored ones are an upscale version that can be found on the seasonal menu at Club 33 in Disneyland.
If you are thinking, but i can’t book a table at Club 33, no worries! D23 shared a recipe so you can recreate these elegant beignets at home! The recipe even includes how to make that delicious maple glaze to go with them, take a look:
- 1/2 tsp of dry yeast
- 1/4 cup of warm water (105 degrees)
- 4 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1 cup of canned pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup of sugar
- 1/4 cup of heavy cream
- 1/4 cup of hot water
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp of vegetable shortening
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- Vegetable oil, for frying
- 3 tbsp of butter
- 1/4 cup of maple syrup
- 1 cup of powdered sugar
For pumpkin beignets:
- Sprinkle yeast over warm water in a small bowl, stirring to dissolve. Let stand for 5 minutes.
- Combine flour, pumpkin puree, sugar, heavy cream, hot water, egg, shortening, and salt in large bowl; stir in yeast mixture. Mix dough just until combined and smooth. Let dough rest in bowl, covered with clean kitchen towel 30 minutes.
- Transfer dough to a well-floured surface. Pat about 1/4 inch thickness and cut into 2 inch squares. Cover with a clean kitchen towel and let dough rise in a warm, draft-free area, about 1 to 1 1/2 hours.
- Heat 3 inches of vegetable oil to 350F in a deep, heavy pot over medium-high heat. Fry beignets until golden brown, about 2 to 3 minutes, turning as soon as they brown on one side.
- Remove with tongs or a slotted spoon and place on paper towels to drain.
For maple glaze:
- Combine butter and maple syrup in a medium microwave-safe bowl. Microwave until butter melts. Whisk in powdered sugar until smooth.
- Drizzle warm beignets with maple glaze and serve immediately.
Let our friends at Destinations to Travel help you plan your next Disney Vacation! Just fill out the form below and someone will be in touch! Remember their services are 100% Free!
- Adorable Winnie The Pooh Apple Pie To Surprise Everyone This Thanksgiving! - November 25, 2021
- Holiday It’s A Small World Cookies To Celebrate Christmas! - November 23, 2021
- Delicious Mickey Mouse Peppermint Cookies To Bake During The Holidays! - November 23, 2021