There’s nothing like a nice afternoon at Disneyland Park with a refreshing Mint Julep in your hand and some delicious Mickey beignets!
Located in New Orleans Square, this snack location is a must stop during your visit, specially after riding Pirates of the Caribbean or The Haunted Mansion.
Don’t have plans to visit Disneyland anytime soon? No worries, you can recreate this drink with this recipe, its super easy!:
- 5 cups of water
- 1 cup of granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup of creme de Menthe syrup (if you can’t find it, check the recipe below)
- 3 tsp of lime juice concentrate
- 1 cup of lemonade concentrate
- Maraschino cherries
- 1/2 lemon cut into wedges
- Mint leaves
- Club soda (optional)
- Combine sugar and water and bring to a boil in a medium saucepan.
- When the sugar is completely melted, turn off heat and add in creme de menthe syrup or mint simple syrup.
- Let cool for about 10 minutes.
- Transfer to a pitcher and add in lime juice and lemonade concentrate and stir well.
- Serve chilled over 1 cup of ice in a tall glass.
- Top with 2 maraschino cherries, 1 lemon wedge skewer and a mint leaf.
To make the Mint Simple Syrup:
- Melt equal parts of granulated sugar into water in a saucepan, then turn down the heat to a simmer.
- Muddle in double the amount of fresh mint leaves and simmer for about 10 minutes.
- 1 cup sugar + 1 cup water + 2 cups mint will make a good amounts for your next few batches of Mint Julep.
Let our friends at Destinations to Travel help you plan your next Disney Vacation! Just fill out the form below and someone will be in touch! Remember their services are 100% Free!
- These Spooky Oogie Boogie Jello Shots Are The Perfect Boozy Treat! - September 3, 2021
- Delicious Pumpkin Milkshake From Disney’s Wilderness Lodge To Enjoy This Fall! - September 2, 2021
- Disney & Dole Honor Girl Scout Hawaii Winner For Her Courage And Kindness! - September 2, 2021