I’m thrilled to break the news today that The Enchanted Tiki Room (Under New Management) at Magic Kingdom Park is already undergoing changes behind closed doors that will reshape the attraction into a version reminiscent of the original show.
The Walt Disney World attraction, originally called Tropical Serenade, has been entertaining guests since the theme park’s opening day on Oct. 1, 1971. Its winged hosts, Jose, Fritz, Pierre and Michael, led 200 other birds, tikis and flowers in an entertaining musical Polynesian revue. Tropical Serenade was reshaped into The Enchanted Tiki Room (Under New Management) in 1998, with the addition of Iago (from “Aladdin”) and Zazu (from “The Lion King”).
The attraction was based on Walt Disney’s Enchanted Tiki Room, which opened at Disneyland park in 1963. Its debut marked a huge milestone in Disney history, becoming the first attraction to ever feature Audio-Animatronics figures – a breakthrough that took 10 years to develop.
The latest version of the attraction, which will be called Enchanted Tiki Room, will debut at Magic Kingdom Park later this summer. Be sure to check the Disney Parks Blog for future updates on the attraction’s progress.
Source Disney Parks Blog
- The Summer Issue of Disney Twenty-Three Magazine Hits Stands May 3rd! (chipandco.com)
- Tangaroa Terrace, Trader Sam’s to Join Disneyland Hotel This Spring (chipandco.com)
Let our friends at Destinations to Travel help you plan your next Disney Vacation! Just fill out the form below and someone will be in touch! Remember their services are 100% Free!
- Land Pavilion in Epcot Closed for unknown reasons - January 20, 2022
- Disney World & Universal Orlando Accident & Injury Report for 4th quarter of 2021 - January 20, 2022
- Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular changing showtimes in February - January 20, 2022