Succulents have become a popular house plant lately, but what if we make them sweeter? Check out these Hidden Mickey Succulent Cupcakes recipe we have for you!
They are fun and perfect to welcome Spring! Plus they are really easy to make, so you and your family can spend a day baking these tasty treats and adding your own personal touch to them. Everyone will love them for sure!
HIDDEN MICKEY SUCCULENT CUPCAKES
- 1 cup of frosting
- Green, yellow, and taupe gel food coloring
- Piping bags
- Piping tips (#16 and #101)
- Parchment paper
- Piping nail
- Cupcake liners
- Divide the frosting into 4 bowls. Tint 3 of them various shades of green, using more or less of the yellow food coloring. Then, tint the last bowl taupe.
- Place a batch of the green frosting in a piping bag fitted with tip #101.
- Put a dab of frosting on the piping nail and place a square of parchment on top.
- Pipe the design with the wider part of the tip near the parchment paper and the narrower part on top.
- Pipe a mound of frosting on the parchment paper and then start piping the petals in a circular motion, rotating the piping nail as you go.
- Once the flower shape is complete, slide the parchment paper off the nail and place it on a small baking tray. To create the Mickey design, you will need 1 large flower for the face and 2 smaller ones to form the ears.
- Repeat piping instructions with the different shades of green frosting. Once all the designs have been piped, place the tray in the freezer for 2 hours for the designs to firm.
- Using half to the taupe frosting, spread the frosting over the cupcakes until they are level.
- Once the succulent flowers are frozen, gently peel them off of the parchment paper and place them on the cupcakes to form a Mickey design.
- Fit a piping bag with tip #16 and add the taupe frosting. Pipe small decorative designs onto the empty spaces.
Credit: Disney Family
- Red Nosed Zebra From Trader Sam’s Enchanted Tiki Bar! - May 14, 2021
- Share A Delicious Winnie The Pooh Apple Pie With Your Family! - May 13, 2021
- Fried Pickles Recipe From Carnation Cafe! - May 12, 2021