Here is an article from Heather Leigh Carroll-Landon from the Examiner talking about the changes that are underway at Fantasyland in the Walt Disneyworld Resort.
One of the largest refurbishment projects Walt Disney World has taken on is the expansion of Fantasyland in the Magic Kingdom Park. During this expansion rides will be updated and refurbished, new attractions added and some old ones will become only a memory. Phase one of the Fantasyland Expansion is underway and is scheduled be completed 2013.
Walt Disney World has filed it permits with Orange County, contracts have been awarded and some preparations have begun. Some construction walls are up in an effort to hide the work behind the scenes from guests.
Here is a refresher of what can be expected from the Fantasyland Expansion project:
· Princesses-in-waiting will be able to visit her favorite Princess in her castle, cottage or château. Guests can share a dance with Cinderella, celebrate Sleeping Beauty’s birthday or listen to Belle tell a story.
· Be Our Guest and enjoy dining in one of three enchanted rooms at the Beast’s castle.
· Fly with Dumbo on his new, twice the original size, ride.
· Journey under the sea with Ariel in her new interactive area.
· Meet Tinker Bell and the other fairies at the newly added Pixie Hollow.
· Mickey’s Toon Town Fair will be removed to make room for the expansion.
· The Barnstormer from Mickey’s Toon Town Fair is expected to be re-themed and placed in the Dumbo’s Circus area.
Click here to keep reading.