Is Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort the right place to take up residence while visiting Walt Disney World ? I say absolutely if……
- You enjoy convenience to all the parks and several popular restaurants. Since the Grand Floridian is a “monorail resort”, you can monorail to Magic Kingdom and EPCOT in a very easy, very timely fashion. When our family stayed at the Grand Floridian, we found the monorail to be the best transportation option if we needed to get to the Magic Kingdom. Magic Kingdom is the first stop from the Grand Floridian on the monorail. Ohana, located at Disney’s Polynesian Resort and Chef Mickey’s, located at Disney’s Contemporary Resort are also very short monorail rides from the Grand.
- You want magical, enjoyable character meal options at your resort. At the Grand Floridian, you can enjoy breakfast, dinner or tea time at 1900 Park Fare. This is located in the main building, just to the left as you enter from the front main entrance. The Supercalifragilistic Breakfast features Mary Poppins, Alice in Wonderland, the Mad Hatter, and other well known characters who mingle from table to table while you enjoy a buffet style meal. For dinner, your princess and little prince charming can enjoy visiting with Cinderella, Prince Charming, and their friends. For an afternoon break from the parks, enjoy tea time with Alice and other Wonderland friends. Your children can decorate cupcakes, do crafts, and enjoy some “tea” (aka apple juice).
- Signature, classy dining is an enjoyable part of your vacation. Victoria & Albert’s, an atmosphere made elegant and magical with the sound of harp strings, long stem roses, and delicate table settings, is a beautiful restaurant to celebrate a special occasion. Narcoossee’s and Citrico’s are still elegant, yet the atmosphere is a tad more laid back. All three of these signature dining options are available at the Grand Floridian.
- You enjoy Disney resorts, but don’t enjoy the extremely themed resorts. This resort has just enough theming for my taste. The small touches such as Alice in Wonderland on the stationary in the room, or the silhouettes of Alice and other Victorian era characters in the wall paper add classic touches without being over the top.
- You appreciate elegance and kid friendly experiences all in one. While at this resort, you don’t feel as if you’ve been transported to a movie set. It has an adult feel, but in many ways is very kid friendly. The dining at 1900 Park Fare, the new Alice in Wonderland themed kids’ water play area, two great pools, and all the Disney hospitality makes it very kid friendly while keeping a classy atmosphere.
You want to have an upscale, dazzling Disney experience. When you step into the Grand Floridian, you are immediately transported into elegance and class. I would be a perfectly happy Disney visitor with a stay at the Grand Floridian and two or three days at Magic Kingdom.
After vacationing at Disney several times, and looking at the Grand Floridian with longing to stay there, our family was finally able to do so. I have to say, it is an experience we will never forget, and one that every Disney traveler should try to enjoy on a Disney trip.
Carrie writes here on Chip and Co and also on My Favorite Finds. There you can find the best organization,recipes, Disney travel tips, and crafts. Stop by and check out all of her great ways to find the joy in the everyday!
- New ‘Alice In Wonderland’ Kids’ Water Play Area Opens at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort (chipandco.com)
- Disney World Refurbishment Schedule November 2012 (chipandco.com)