Here is some interesting news coming out of Disney about the upcoming Carsland that is scheduled to be opened in 2012.
- Kathy Mangum, Executive Producer and Vice President, Walt Disney Imagineering, let us know that Cars Land architecture closely resembles that in the film on which it is based. In fact Imagineers have “laid out the street exactly the same” as in the movie, Kathy said.
- The Cozy Cones, Sally’s motel in the film, will be full-sized structures, and each will feature a unique snack shop offering tantalizing treats like “Chile Con Cone” and “Cone on the Cob.”
- Radiator Springs Racers — the land’s E-ticket attraction — will have 22 six-passenger cars on the ride system, which is reminiscent of Epcot’s Test Track. The attraction will utilize 3 million pounds of steel. Over the next 14 months the “mountain” landscape will be completed. The attraction will also offer different experiences for guests; in preparation for the day’s big race, in which all riders participate, some will receive new tires from Luigi, while others will get a fresh paint job from Ramone.
- Guests visiting Luigi’s Roamin’ Tires in Cars Land will get to walk through his office and garage in the attraction’s queue.
Let our friends at Destinations to Travel help you plan your next Disney Vacation! Just fill out the form below and someone will be in touch! Remember their services are 100% Free!
- Outdoor Kitchens announced for the 2022 EPCOT International Flower & Garden Festival - January 12, 2022
- Full lineup announced for EPCOT’s Flower & Garden Festival – Garden Rocks Concert Series - January 12, 2022
- Disney’s Typhoon Lagoon closed for the 2nd day in a row - January 12, 2022