Disneyland recently announced plans to begin a phased reopening of the Disneyland Resort next month. The Downtown Disney District will begin opening July 9. Both theme parks plan to reopen July 17 (pending state and local government approval). And two of the three resort hotels will reopen July 23rd.
With the reopening comes enhanced health and safety measures along with some other changes. Let’s go over what guests can expect when the Disneyland Resort reopens.
- Enhanced Protective Measures: Face coverings are required for both Cast Members and Guests, with the addition of hand-washing stations and physical barriers, where appropriate.
- Physical Distancing: Theme park capacity will be reduced to enable physical distancing and appropriate signs will be added to help Guests move responsibly throughout the property.
- Temperature Checks: All Guests will undergo temperature screenings prior to entering the Downtown Disney District or the theme parks; in addition, health screenings and temperature checks will be required daily for Cast Members.
- Limited-Contact Enhancements: Disney is recommending cashless transactions and will reduce Cast Member and Guest interactions with helpful technology, including the expansion of Mobile Order in the Disneyland app, Apple Pay and more.
- Enhanced Cleaning and Sanitation: Disney will build upon its existing standards of cleaning with heightened protocols.
- Park Reservations: Because theme park capacity will be significantly limited to comply with governmental requirements and promote physical distancing, attendance will be managed through a new theme park reservation system that will require all Guests, including Annual Passholders, to obtain a reservation for park entry in advance. Theme park reservations will be subject to availability. More details about this new reservation system will be available soon.
- New Ticket Sales: At this time, new ticket sales and Annual Passport sales and renewals are temporarily paused. Additional details will be provided soon.
- Hotels of the Disneyland Resort: Pending governmental approval, Disneyland Resort Hotel Guests will once again enjoy being immersed in the magic when Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa and Disney’s Paradise Pier Hotel, and Disney Vacation Club Villas at Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa reopen to Guests and members starting on July 23, 2020. The Disneyland Hotel will open at a later date. Plans to support physical distancing as well as increased cleaning measures, along with a number of other health and safety protocols, will be implemented as part of the phased reopening of our hotels and the Disney Vacation Club.
Upon reopening, certain theme parks, hotels, restaurants and other locations may be limited in capacity and subject to restricted availability or even closure based on guidance from health experts and government officials. Furthermore, certain attractions, experiences, services and amenities will be modified, have limited availability or remain closed. Park admission and offerings are not guaranteed.
Additionally, select attractions and certain experiences that draw large group gatherings—such as parades and nighttime spectaculars—will return at a later date. While character meet-and-greets will be temporarily unavailable, Characters will be in the parks in new ways to entertain and delight Guests.
The Disneyland Resort will also have limitations on parking and operating hours. While every measure is taken to keep guests and cast members safe, an inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 currently exists in any public place where people are present.
Will you be visiting Disneyland when it reopens?
This site contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links. Also As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Kay Jewelers Expands Its Exclusive Disney Treasures Collection to All Stores - September 21, 2020
- M&M Store Construction update from Disney Springs - September 18, 2020
- Restrictions on Non-Essential Travel at US Borders Extended - September 18, 2020