By now, chances are that you have at least heard about Disney World’s billion-dollar investment, My Magic+ technology. Maybe you’ve even had the chance to experience it first-hand. However, we want to share a guide to using Disney’s My Magic+ technology for those of you who are still planning your vacation and have not gotten to try this exciting new technology yet.
1. The first thing you will want to do is link your resort reservation to your My Disney Experience account. If you don’t have an account yet, you will want to sign up for a free one here.
2. Once your reservation is linked, you will have the opportunity to customize your magic bands. Each member of your party can select a name and color for their magic bands. You can make changes until 30 days prior to arrival when they will be shipped to your home.
3. You can make your FastPass+ selections 60 days in advance through your My Disney Experience account. These selections can always be modified at any time, including during your vacation. You can do this via cell phone or kiosks at the parks.
4. Make sure that you pack your Magic Bands in your carry-on so that you can use them for Magical Express at the airport when you arrive. I like to put mine on when I am leaving the house!
5. When you are at the parks use your Magic Bands to pay for merchandise, get you on rides, and even pay for your meals. It acts just like your keys to the world card used to. You will have to select a pin code when you check into your resort, you will need that for purchases.
Although Disney is still working out the bugs, it is now available at all Walt Disney World Resort hotels. Remember, you can ask any cast member questions or shoot us a message here or on Facebook and we would be glad to help you.
MyMagic+ has now been fully implemented and the traditional paper FastPass machines have been removed. If you are not staying on-site, you will not be able to make your FastPass+ selections in advance. Instead, you will make your three selections at one of the FastPass+ kiosks located throughout the theme park for that same day.
Don’t forget to download the free My Disney Experience app for your smart phone too so you can view and modify your dining reservations as well as your FastPass+ selections throughout your trip.
Have you experienced Disney’s new My Magic+ technology? What did you think of it?
Would you like to plan a Disney World vacation? Contact Siera today at email@example.com or 734-771-1290. Be sure to let her know Chip and Co. sent you!
When Siera isn’t helping plan Disney vacations or sharing the latest Disney news, you can find her spreading magic on Facebook and Twitter. Are you planning a Disney Cruise Line or Disney World vacation? Siera, a travel agent with Destinations in Florida, would love to help you! Contact her at firstname.lastname@example.org or 734-771-1290!