Disney World has some of the best dining options anywhere on the planet in my opinion. Where else can you find such diversity in such a small location. For example in Epcot you can travel the world dining on anything from Crepes in France, Bratwurst in Germany, and Churros in Mexico. Combine the parks with all the various resorts and you are sure to loosen a belt notch or two while on vacation.
For my family we opted for the Deluxe Dining Plan so we could sample all the delicious food from anywhere we wanted and not have to worry about cost. If you are booking your Disney World vacation I highly urge you to go this route if you love to eat like we do. 3 Meals a day and 2 snacks was a lot of food but if you pace yourself and not over do it at any meal you will be fine. With all the walking we did around the parks we found we were hungry again when it was meal time, with only a few times of feeling the notorious blah you get from over eating. Drink plenty of water 🙂
Out of all the places we ate which were plenty here is our list of the 6 Places you Must Eat from our most recent trip. While there may be a bunch of your favorite places not on the list I am strictly going by our overall review of the restaurants from our most recent trip.
- Polynesian Resort – Kona Cafe – Tucked back in a corner this eating establishment is missed by most people visiting Walt Disney World. Known for the Tonga Toast, one of the small highlights for us was the POG juice. After doing some research I found out we can get it outside of DW. It is Minute Maid Orange Passion fruit Guava blend. Yummy. The Tonga Toast was great! So great we ended up eating breakfast here twice! If you are a coffee drinker be sure to get the Kona Coffee French Press. Beats anything Starbucks has hands down. By far the best breakfast at Disney World.
- Animal Kingdom Lodge – Boma – This is by far one of the more unique Disney World restaurants we have ever ate at. Having never been here, and not sure what to expect I was delighted by all the wonderful African Food. Since I love to cook a lot of Indian food, for me it seemed some of the dishes had a Indian/Asian flare to them. The ribs were so good I couldn’t stop eating them. The mealie bread was delicious with the various hummuses. We would have ate alot more than we did if our little one was exhausted. (Parents know what I mean) We tried to go back again but couldn’t get a family friendly meal time so be sure to add this one to your Advanced Dining Reservations more than once!
- Epcot – Le Cellier Steakhouse – First off having the Deluxe Dining at this restaurant is great we both got a tremendous amount of food! The Cheddar Cheese Soup with the home made pretzel bread was a meal its self. I would love to have some of that on a cold winters day ANYTIME! Kansas City Steak was phenomenal! I am getting hungry just thinking about it. It was so tender I could almost cut it with my fork. Honestly I could almost not fit a dessert down me after the soup and steak. I did not hear a single complaint from anyone around us. (Everyone was like this is sooo good!) My wife got the whiskey cake and I got the maple creme brulee both very good. If it wasn’t for a mix up at the end with our Dining Plan I would say this meal was almost perfect.
- Epcot – San Angel Inn – One of my favorite places to eat we were unsure if we could dine here since it was not on the Disney Dining PDF we had before we left. So we decided to take a chance and walk in and ask. Sure enough we were able to eat here for lunch with no wait. The food here was authentic Mexican cuisine. A little different than the local restaurants we have back home. Everything was so fresh and the servers were wonderful. The atmosphere here is by far my favorite. Just something about the darkness and the Mayan Temple in the background makes this truly surreal. I try to always get something different here and have not found anything I didn’t like. Unfortunately for dessert I always get the flan. Mmmm so good! So on your walk around the World Showcase stop by here for Lunch or Dinner and have a great meal.
- Animal Kingdom – Tusker House – This was a tough decision for breakfast. 1900 Park Fare was great at the Grand Floridan, the unique characters, and the make your own omelets. Ohana’s Best Friends Breakfast was good too with the Polynesian touches to the meal from the fruity breads, to the potatoes. But I believe the Tusker House beat them out just barely due to the more authentic breakfast finds. The various casseroles and frittatas were great. I will say one thing this place is very busy and very loud. Usually we can get in and out of most restaurants fairly quick this one due to all the people took a lot longer than normal. Still the food was well worth the wait.
- Polynesian Resort – Ohana’s – Last but not least and always one of our favorites. Ohana’s delivers Polynesian food with Style. Starting from the very beginning when they bring out the salad it is a feast for your taste buds. Pork, Steak, Shrimp, all cooked perfectly and favorable. I could honestly eat this food everyday and we always make it a point to eat here. There is nothing they serve that I don’t like. Just be sure to save room at the end for the bread pudding! Hands down my favorite restaurant of all time.
All the food was very good at Disney World and it was very hard to narrow it down to just 6. We always try visiting new places every year we go. So far we have never been disappointed with Disney. That is one of the reason we find ourselves going back every year. Check out some of the food & restaurant photos in the section below.
Let me know some of your Must Eats while visiting Walt Disney World in the comment section below.
Let our friends at Destinations to Travel help you book your next Disney Vacation. They are the preferred Travel Agency of Chip and Company and Disney Addicts, and who we use ourselves.
Get started below for your FREE No Obligation Quote.
Book With our friends at Destinations to Travel
For the BEST in Disney, Universal, Dollywood, and SeaWorld Theme Park News, Entertainment, Merchandise & More follow us on, Facebook, Instagram, and Youtube. Don't forget to check out the Chip and Company Radio Network too!