The following is a comprehensive list of attractions, resorts and restaurants at Walt Disney World that are currently undergoing refurbishment during the month of September or will be during the months ahead:
- Swiss Family Treehouse – Reopening Sep 24, 2016
- It’s a Small World – Reopening September 15, 2016
- Big Thunder Mountain – Reopening November 18, 2016
- Monorail – modified service and/or routes through Summer 2016. Read more here.
- Rock “n” Roller Coaster – October 27 – November 9, 2016
- Pizza Planet – Reopening as PizzeRizzo in Fall 2016
- Dinosaur – Closed until October 16, 2016
- Dino Institute Shop – Closed until October 16, 2016
- Planet Hollywood – Reopening as Planet Hollywood Observatory in Fall 2016
- Fulton’s Crab House – Reopening as Paddlefish in Fall 2016
- Blizzard Beach – Annual Refurbishment October 23 – December 24, 2016
- Typhoon Lagoon – Annual Refurbishment December 25 – March 11, 2017
Golf Courses/Miniature Golf
Walt Disney World Resort Hotels
- Yacht Club Resort: Room refurbishments from October 29 – June 23, 2017. Guests may see or hear work in progress and certain pathways may be unavailable. Work will be limited to 9:00am – 5:00pm in an attempt to minimize disruptions.
- Yacht & Beach Club Convention Center – Expansion work until February 1, 2018. Work will be limited to 9:00am – 9:00pm in an attempt to minimize disruptions.
- Boardwalk Villas: Room refurbishments until October 31, 2016. Guests may have an interruption to water service during the overnight hours.
- Pop Century Resort: Computer Pool closed from October 31 – December 23, 2016. Hard goods refurbishments from November 2 – March 26, 2018 between 10:00am and 4:00pm.
- All Star Sports: Grand Slam Pool closed from October 10 – December 2, 2016. Guests may use the Surfboard Bay Pool, located near the main lobby.
- Port Orleans French Quarter: Sassagoula Floatworks & Food Factory Refurbishment – Closed until Late Fall 2016 More Info
- Bay Lake Tower: Soft goods refurbishment until September 24, 2016
- Animal Kingdom Villas – Kidani Vallage: Soft goods refurbishment until January 2017
- Wilderness Lodge & Villas: General resort refurbishments through 2017. Hidden Springs leisure pool, beach, marina, playground and Teton Boat & Bike Rental closed. Cub’s Den (children’s activity center): Unavailable through 2017. Sturdy Branches (Health Club): Unavailable July – October 2016.
- Walt Disney World Dolphin Hotel: Guest room renovations through September, 2016. Work is scheduled to take place between 7:00am – 6:00pm daily. No guests will be accomodated in the renovation area in order to minimize impact.
Contact me, Laura Bourget, to start planning your Walt Disney World adventure. I’m a Travel Agent with MickeyTravels, along with a writer for Chip and Company, and would love to help book and plan your next magical vacation. Email email@example.com or visit my Facebook page here to get started!
This site contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links. Also As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.