The following is a comprehensive list of attractions, resorts and restaurants at Walt Disney World that are currently undergoing refurbishment during the month of September or will be during the months ahead:
- Swiss Family Treehouse – Reopening Sep 24, 2016
- It’s a Small World – Reopening September 15, 2016
- Big Thunder Mountain – Reopening November 18, 2016
- Monorail – modified service and/or routes through Summer 2016. Read more here.
- Rock “n” Roller Coaster – October 27 – November 9, 2016
- Pizza Planet – Reopening as PizzeRizzo in Fall 2016
- Dinosaur – Closed until October 16, 2016
- Dino Institute Shop – Closed until October 16, 2016
- Planet Hollywood – Reopening as Planet Hollywood Observatory in Fall 2016
- Fulton’s Crab House – Reopening as Paddlefish in Fall 2016
- Blizzard Beach – Annual Refurbishment October 23 – December 24, 2016
- Typhoon Lagoon – Annual Refurbishment December 25 – March 11, 2017
Golf Courses/Miniature Golf
Walt Disney World Resort Hotels
- Yacht Club Resort: Room refurbishments from October 29 – June 23, 2017. Guests may see or hear work in progress and certain pathways may be unavailable. Work will be limited to 9:00am – 5:00pm in an attempt to minimize disruptions.
- Yacht & Beach Club Convention Center – Expansion work until February 1, 2018. Work will be limited to 9:00am – 9:00pm in an attempt to minimize disruptions.
- Boardwalk Villas: Room refurbishments until October 31, 2016. Guests may have an interruption to water service during the overnight hours.
- Pop Century Resort: Computer Pool closed from October 31 – December 23, 2016. Hard goods refurbishments from November 2 – March 26, 2018 between 10:00am and 4:00pm.
- All Star Sports: Grand Slam Pool closed from October 10 – December 2, 2016. Guests may use the Surfboard Bay Pool, located near the main lobby.
- Port Orleans French Quarter: Sassagoula Floatworks & Food Factory Refurbishment – Closed until Late Fall 2016 More Info
- Bay Lake Tower: Soft goods refurbishment until September 24, 2016
- Animal Kingdom Villas – Kidani Vallage: Soft goods refurbishment until January 2017
- Wilderness Lodge & Villas: General resort refurbishments through 2017. Hidden Springs leisure pool, beach, marina, playground and Teton Boat & Bike Rental closed. Cub’s Den (children’s activity center): Unavailable through 2017. Sturdy Branches (Health Club): Unavailable July – October 2016.
- Walt Disney World Dolphin Hotel: Guest room renovations through September, 2016. Work is scheduled to take place between 7:00am – 6:00pm daily. No guests will be accomodated in the renovation area in order to minimize impact.
Contact me, Laura Bourget, to start planning your Walt Disney World adventure. I’m a Travel Agent with MickeyTravels, along with a writer for Chip and Company, and would love to help book and plan your next magical vacation. Email email@example.com or visit my Facebook page here to get started!
Let our friends at Destinations to Travel help you plan your next Disney Vacation! Just fill out the form below and someone will be in touch! Remember their services are 100% Free!