The following is a comprehensive list of attractions, resorts and restaurants at Walt Disney World that are currently undergoing refurbishment during the month of November or will be during the months ahead:
The Walt Disney World® Resort Monorail System is undergoing refurbishment through December 3, 2016 and may be on modified service and/or routes. If Guests plan to use this form of transportation during their visit they should check to be sure of the best option available on their day of travel, as alternative transportation options will be available.
- Big Thunder Mountain – Reopening November 18, 2016
- Liberty Square Riverboat – January 3 – 12, 2017
- Walt Disney World Railroad – January 9 – February 16, 2017
- Hall of Presidents – January 17 – June 29, 2017
- Haunted Mansion – November 28 – December 1, 2016
- Splash Mountain – December 7, 2016
- The Magic Behind Our Steam Trains Tour – January 1 – February 28, 2017
- Rock “n” Roller Coaster – Reopening November 9, 2016
- Pizza Planet – Reopening as PizzeRizzo on November 18, 2016
- Star Wars: A Galactic Spectacular – November 14 – December 31, 2016
- Star Wars: A Galactic Spectacular Dessert Party – November 14 – December 31, 2016
- Infrastructure Work – September 28 – December 17, 2016
- Dinosaur – Reopening November 19, 2016
- Dino Institute Shop – Reopening November 19, 2016
- Kali River Rapids – January 3 – 29, 2017
- Planet Hollywood – Reopening as Planet Hollywood Observatory in Fall 2016
- Fulton’s Crab House – Reopening as Paddlefish in Fall 2016
- Annual Refurbishment October 16 – December 24, 2016
- Annual Refurbishment December 25 – March 11, 2017
Golf Courses/Miniature Golf
Walt Disney World Resort Hotels
- Grand Floridian Resort & Spa: Gasparilla island Grill – Reopening December 14, 2016
- Yacht Club Resort: Room refurbishments beginning January 2017. Guests may see or hear work in progress and certain pathways may be unavailable. Work will be limited to 9:00am – 5:00pm in an attempt to minimize disruptions.
- Yacht & Beach Club Convention Center – Expansion work until February 1, 2018. Work will be limited to 9:00am – 9:00pm in an attempt to minimize disruptions.
- Pop Century Resort: Computer Pool reopening January 3, 2017. Hippy Dippy Pool closed January 13 – 20, 2017. Hard goods refurbishments from November 2 – March 26, 2018 between 10:00am and 4:00pm.
- All Star Sports: Grand Slam Pool closed from October 10 – December 13, 2016. Guests may use the Surfboard Bay Pool, located near the main lobby during this time.
- All Star Music: Piano Pool closed from December 12 – February 3, 2017. Guests may use the Calypso Pool located near Melody Hall during this time.
- Port Orleans French Quarter: Sassagoula Floatworks & Food Factory Refurbishment – Closed until Late Fall 2016 More Info
- Coronado Springs: Hard Goods Refurbishment beginning November 2016. Guests may see or hear construction taking place, or encounter alternative paths of travel throughout the Resort hotel. All work with the most potential for noise will be limited each day between 9:00am and 5:00pm in order to minimize any possible disruptions.
- Animal Kingdom Villas – Kidani Vallage: Soft goods refurbishment until January 2017
- Old Key West: Sandcastle Pool closed from January 2 – February 24, 2017. The leisure pools located at Old Turtle Pond, South Point and Miller’s Road will remain available.
- Wilderness Lodge & Boulder Ridge Villas at Disney Wilderness Lodge: General resort refurbishments through 2017. Hidden Springs leisure pool, beach, marina, playground and Teton Boat & Bike Rental closed. Cub’s Den (children’s activity center): Unavailable through 2017.
Contact me to start planning your Walt Disney World adventure. I’m a Travel Agent with MickeyTravels, along with a writer for Chip and Company, and would love to help book and plan your next magical vacation. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit my Facebook page here.
This site contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links. Also As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.