One of the most exciting times is packing for your upcoming adventure aboard the Disney Cruise Line. While you are packing, you will definitely want to keep in mind that Disney Cruise Line does have restrictions on what items are are allowed and not allowed to bring on board and on Castaway Cay, their private island in the Bahamas. Just like when traveling by air, all luggage is screened to ensure that all guests on board will have magical time without any unnecessary interruptions. Here’s a list of things to leave at home to ensure smooth sailing on your next Disney cruise:
- Firearms, ammunition, knives (including dive knives), swords, daggers and any other types of weapons
- Toy guns or other replicas of firearms and weapons
- Highly flammable liquids and combustible substances
- Liquid oxygen
- Non-prescribed controlled substances, illegal drugs, medically prescribed and synthetic marijuana
- Hookah pipes
- Power tools and toolboxes (except those utilized by vendors providing services)
- Potentially dangerous sporting equipment, including baseball and cricket bats, hockey and lacrosse sticks, pool cues, ski poles, fishing gear and archery equipment. (Golf clubs are permitted as long as they are stored inside your stateroom.)
- Scuba equipment such as tanks, spears, spear guns, slings, dive knives, pry bars, and underwater scooters. (Masks and snorkels are allowed and encouraged to enjoy the sea life you will encounter on your voyage)
- Remote-controlled helicopters, airplanes, drones or similar devices
- Kites, balloons, surfboards, wave boards, inflatable floats, pool noodles, inflatable pools and wagons
- Bicycles, scooters, skateboards, inline & roller skates, any footwear with wheels (i.e. Heely’s type shoes) and Segways, or other wheeled mobility devices with less than 3 wheels and devices that cannot maintain stability and balance when stopped, unpowered or unoccupied. Training wheels or similar modifications are not permitted.
- Wheeled transport devices other than those required by Guests with disabilities
- Electrical appliances such as rice cookers, hot plates, coffee makers, blenders, electric irons, electric blankets, heating pads, bottle sterilizers and warmers
- Please note: A limited number of approved bottle warmers and bottle sterilizers are available upon request through Guest Services
- All ships offer self-service laundry facilities with irons and ironing boards. Portable fans are permitted in your stateroom. However, you must contact Guest Services to have the Chief Electrician approve your fan.
- Candles and incense
- DVD, VCR, and Blu-ray players
- Gaming systems such as Playstation®, Xbox and Nintendo Wii (due to compatibility issues with the stateroom TVs)
- Musical instruments
- Ice chests and coolers, except for those permitted for storing medications, baby food and items related to dietary restrictions
- Homemade, precooked or perishable foods or open food containers. Also, please refer to our guidelines on restricted food and beverages
- Over-the-door hanging organizers (magnetic door decorations are still okay- just nothing that hangs over the door)
- Metal detectors
- Fireworks or pyrotechnics (leave that to Disney Cruise Line…you will love their show!)
- Seasonal and/or celebratory light bulb strings
- Extension cords or surge protectors
Also be sure to check out the security updates that are underway at the Disney theme parks!
Many of these restrictions will seem obvious, but, there were definitely a few on my list that may have ended up accidentally in my luggage. Hope this was able to give you a great refreshed and you are looking forward to your upcoming sailing. Voyages are now being booked through early 2017, so email me today to learn more about these amazing itineraries and pricing at email@example.com.
Let our friends at Destinations to Travel help you plan your next Disney Vacation! Just fill out the form below and someone will be in touch! Remember their services are 100% Free!