Disney Magic at Home: Make Your Own Mickey Bath Bombs
Create some Disney magic at home with this special Disney-inspired DIY from Disney Family! Simply gather all of the necessary tools and ingredients, and follow the directions below to make your very own Mickey bath bombs!
What You’ll Need
- 1 cup baking soda
- 1/2 cup citric acid
- 1/2 cup epsom salt
- 1 teaspoon witch hazel
- 1 teaspoon lavender essential oil
- Red and black food coloring
- Large mixing bowl
- Small glass mixing jar
- Wire whisk
- Mickey-shaped silicone mold
How To Make It
- Thoroughly whisk all dry ingredients together in a large mixing bowl. (Baking soda must not have any lumps.) Remove 1 cup of the mixture to use for the second color of the bath bomb.
- Mix 1/2 teaspoon witch hazel, 1/2 teaspoon lavender essential oil, and 2-5 drops black food coloring in a small, glass mixing jar.
- Carefully add 1/4-1/2 teaspoon of liquid at a time, whisking with the dry ingredients. Mixture should become the texture of slightly damp sand. Whisk thoroughly to remove all clumps. If the mixture becomes too wet, add more baking soda in small quantities until it’s the right consistency.
- Pack 4 cavities of the silicone mold halfway with the mixture, making sure to press firmly. (Note: Use a large cookie sheet under the mold to catch any of the ingredients that spill.)
- To create the second color, repeat steps 2 and 3 using the other half of the dry ingredients reserved from step 1 and red food coloring.
- Fill the other half of the cavities, packing the red mixture all the way to the top.
Let bath bombs dry in mold overnight, then remove and place on a parchment-lined cookie sheet or cutting board. Allow them to cure for an additional 12-24 hours in a warm, dry place.
- Have a magical Mickey-filled bath!
We hope you enjoyed this magical Disney DIY from Disney Family!
Check back here on Chip & Co. for the latest theme park and entertainment news updates!
Source: Disney Family.
This site contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links. Also As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Fans Petition Disney to Save Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom - January 9, 2021
- Hot Chocolate Affagato is Back at Vivoli il Gelato - January 5, 2021
- Joe Rohde, Officially Retired From Disney, Leaves Message For Fans - January 5, 2021